Tiger, congratulations and a request.

Tiger, hi,

My I add my congratulations for the stunning quality of the “weathered” look of all your vehicle mods. I first realised just how real the effect of weathered models can be a few years ago on a visit to the Bovington Tank Museum.

I was standing between a real Mark IV and a 1/35 model of a Mark IV in a glass case. To my surprise it suddenly struck me that the 1/35 model looked more real than the actual tank the other side of me. The actual tank looked like a mock-up for a film set, while the weathered 1/35 model looked like the “real thing” only seen from a helicopter 150 feet above. The key to it all was the weathering. Although when one looked at the weathering in detail it was not an exact representation of reality the overall effect was more “real” than the actual thing. Since then I have started a collection of 1/35 tanks constructed by one of the top men in the field. Your weathered AFVs have exactly the same appeal. Great stuff, I look forward to many more.

Now for my request.

This is that you make models such as your latest, and stunning, STG III available without foliage for those such as myself who prefer them that way. For me, others will differ, it is not possible to do foliage to the same standard of realism as it is possible to do the tank, this is also true in regard to 1/35 models. I am not sure what the reason is, it maybe something to do with the fact that the tank is man made and the foliage, of course, is not.

Anyway, top of my wish list is that all your great vehicles, and guns, should be available without foliage.

Thanks for your time,

All the best,

Kip.