Why No Canadian Airborne?

Just one of those, "Hey, what the hell?" questions that just occurred to me and I am too lazy to research myself.

After all, there is the 1st Britsh Paras, the American 82nd and 101st, and even the Poles have a Para Brigade! Why not the Canadians? They had the numbers... Afraid to fly? Didn't see the reasoning behind jumping out of a perfectly good airplane? Too difficult loading a moose into a C-47? What?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

Why not the Canadians? They had the numbers... Afraid to fly? Didn't see the reasoning behind jumping out of a perfectly good airplane? Too difficult loading a moose into a C-47? What?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, there was a Canadian Para Batallion, and they jumped into Normandy as part of 6th Airborne.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marcusm:

I was dissapointed to hear that there are no Commandoes in the game. It would have been cool with distinguised Scottish units too.

Marcus<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still looking for a way to hear those bagpipes eh? (Sorry, I lurk in some newsgroups too).

How about some dragspelsmusik?

Sorry. Too much caffeine.

Geier

Guest Germanboy

Hey Germanboy, Walter: Thought maybe there was a Canadian Batt mixed in with the British Paras. That's what I was looking for, thanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most welcome. According to Stacey "History of the Canadian Army 1939-45" they also jumped around Wesel during Varsity and then proceeded to the furthest eastern penetration (Wismar, methinks) of Commonwealth troops, all as part of 6th Airborne.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

Hmmm, do I smell a CM scenario here?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who, me? (looks over shoulder innocently)

------------------

Andreas