New (?) undocumented feature discovery? re: Exit points for units

I don't, at all, like the use of the term "bug" it just seems so.... well less than technical.

Anyway, I would be very surprised if I was the first one to mention that if you are designing a scenario and you select "units eligible for exit points" then you specify the map edge they are to exit, THEN (and this a good thing) ALL the units in the scenario are defaulted to be ELIGIBLE for exit points, you can specify some of them on and some of them off(this is also a very well done)

NOW here's the new (?) feature, things that CAN'T move like Bunkers and Pillboxes are Defaulted to "Eligible" and must be manually turned off by the scenario designer otherwise the lack of their exiting (because they can't move) will (if I understand this correctly) score points for the opponent at the end of the game when they have not exited, yet they were defaulted as Eligible and can't move.

Now if you are staying why would some things need to be eligible for exit points and at the same time, some things like bunkers not be? Well I'm working on a scenario the requires a strong counter attack with armoured reinforcments (lots of tanks) after an ealier brief (non armoured) infantry defence, where the attacking forces, advance on Bunkers, then the defensive counter attack reinforcements arrive and are expected to exit off the opposite map edge. (after a successful counter attack)

I would like to know more about how much exiting units are worth. I read somewhere here (I think) that exiting units that are eligible to exit are worth twice their point value ?

And if the don't exit they are worth twice their point value to the opponent?

How exactly does that all work?

Charles, your comments would be most welcome, if oyu are not too busy?

I REALLY enjoy this game. I think I like designing scenario's more than playing the game (well not really, but scenario design really is really fun once you get a handle on the ins and outs of the scenario editor)

I'm truly addicted, I do this at work and every free moment I have at home.

If you like wargames you can easily get VERY addicted to this one.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Tom,

Yes there seem to be some odd things with units exiting for victory points that were never designated to be eligible to do so in the first place. See my thread I started today on "tank and vehicle crews exiting for VP's??????). Seems to me like this behaviour is a little buggy. Hopefully BTS will address these issues.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 07-31-2000).]

• 3 weeks later...

Has this been addressed yet?

Bunkers (though they can't move) default in exit point scenario's in the designer to be eligible for exit point if they get tot he exit zone.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Remember that no dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>