1-man MG42 team - He walked away!!!

Playing the (great!) Arnhem OP for the first time, I came across the following thing:

Caught this Jerrie HMG (MG42) in a cross fire, jumping back and forth like a headless chicken. Anyway, I cut the team down to 1 person in the open and after a few more shots he surrendered. Now I am sure I checked to see if he surrendered, and I saw he was "immobilised".

OK, I think to myself, this guy is history, so I won't march him to my lines, he can't move. Big mistake...

Next round, the bastard starts running away like crazy!!!

Did he carry his MG? Did he abandon it after surrendering and thus was able to move? What gives?

Have you seen anything like this before?

I haven't kept the round unfortunately. But I am not talking BS, it really happened!

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coralsaw:

Now I am sure I checked to see if he surrendered, and I saw he was "immobilized".

Next round, the bastard starts running away like crazy!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure but if you saw that he was immobilized then I don't think he surrendered and if he did, was there any of his friends in the area this would cause him to run on the next turn!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Did he carry his MG? Did he abandon it after surrendering and thus was able to move? What gives?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When he started to run was he listed as a member of a MG unit or as crew? If crew, then he abandoned his weapon. If not...?

------------------

...This is Romeo-Foxtrot, shall we dance?...

You should chop off his head for running like that. Odd quirk and probably no easy answer. Could have been a fluke, and not a big one, he was only one man. Try a fluke where your armor reenforcements end up in the water in the Paris senario. Now thats a stinky fluke.

------------------

"Free your mind!"

I ran into some trouble with rescinded surrenders too.

I had just overrun an enemy position, and had several prisoners. Then, the reinforcements arrived and drove my men out. The former captives broke out, and some of my own men were captured. The enemy troops were listed as "unarmed" and didn't do very much. I attacked again and captured the area for good. The ex-captives surrendered again pretty quick, and I got back my own captured men. They couldn't do anything but walk and run around, but I guess they're still good for scouting and feints.

------------------

"I'd ratehr die than be whipped."

J.E.B. Stuart

I had that happen once too. Captured and surrounded by 3 or 4 rifle squads and just stood there. But once the counter attack started and my guys started getting cut down, before I realized he was dashing into the woods with his comrades. No weapon, and no threat really. Still I wonder if it affects your victory points. I think it would. Any ways, who can blame them for escaping at the first chance. That is what a good soldier is supposed to do.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Yep, he was immobilized if down to one man. Once captured they drop all weapons and can move about freely, you should order them to move back behind your front line so they cannot escape or rejoin their own side again, it happens.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

You think that's bad, one of my immobilized MG42 troops rescinded his death. The team was down to one guy, then the building he was in was hit by a shell that set it on fire. The display switched to eliminated (0-6), then suddenly the guy got back up and walked out (set to 1-5, leaving the MG abandoned). I declared him a zombie. It's such a rare occurence, and affects play so little, that I wrote it off to one of those weird things that happens in combat-- some guys get turned into zombies.

------------------

Slayer of the Original Cesspool Thread.