Strategy Manual

Has anyone decided to create a startegy manual (like the one for Diablo) with all the stats, ranges of effect and preferred tactical methods for attack and defence for particular group compositions.

I would be interested in such a manual (as I seem to be a rare recipient of the kamikaze gene). Would others?

Cheers BJ

I think Prima just take submissions and then publish. There's numerous ways fans could build a strategy guide, but publishers would probably want to know how many copies the game sold before actually putting ink on paper, so they could work out revenues..

correct?

Hey, i'd be keen to help out :>

PeterNZ

There are many strategy manuals on the market already, some have been out for a while, e.g.:

Sun-Tzu

von Clausewitz

Liddel-Hart

Rommel

Guderian

von Mellethin

I think the U.S. government has even got into the game; checkout call.army.mil .

wink.gif

Dang, one of them smiley critters got out of its cage...

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

[This message has been edited by Hakko Ichiu (edited 08-01-2000).]

Just go to http://www.gamesofwar.de

Moon's sight has great strategy with a style of writing that everyone can understand. Go to the tactics section.

Also, run a search on the name LOS. That guys writes good stuff on strategy. He's got a couple of articles over at CMHQ as well.

Lastly, AAR's are the only way to really understand good and bad tactics. Read every one that you can. Fionn's stuff is very good and when watching his movies they speak volumes.

All of these sources are quite better than the average drivel that Prima puts out for $15 a book. IMHO

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

You don't need a strategy guide, you need an infantry tactics manual. Anything on the market will probably do but this forum and the other links mentioned are great. This game is so good at reproducing the real world of infantry combat, that you could apply any good publication available. Experience is probably the best manual, at least you can't get anyone hurt as in the real thing.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>There are many strategy manuals on the market already, some have been out for a while, e.g.:

Sun-Tzu ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Ethan, I really liked the one he did for Warcraft, my Orcs really rocked after reading his stuff. smile.gifCrap, looks like we found one of your escapees. What do you use for luring them back into their cages? PENGuin bait?

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kunzler:

I think Sun tzu invented the Orc Rush as well as the demo rush and the tank rush in C&C.

Something to do with concentration of force I think...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Now an Orc army can be likened to water, flowing from the peaks to the valleys..." smile.gif