CM in GoneGold.com

Here is a quote from GoneGold.com (sorry for extracting directly from it):

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Combat Mission

Here's a war game that is more on the level of a "Close Combat" type of game than a "General Series" type game. Either way you explain it, MAJOR FUN should be in the explanation. The game has recently been shipped out to those who pre-ordered it.

Do yourself a favor and download the Gold Demo to see how impressive this game really is. The graphics are nothing stunning, but are certainly serviceable, however it's the level of detail in gameplay that is going to impress you the most.

This is going on my Must Have list for sure...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely he likes it! biggrin.gif

Griffin @ home

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again frown.gif

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 06-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 06-17-2000).]

The only thing I don't like about what he said is 'the graphics are nothing stunning...'

Man, I am so happy with the graphics of CM. I think they look great IMHO. Could they be better? I'm sure. But most things in life can be improved. Serviceable? They are way more than that. The graphics captivate me with every game I play and,as we all know, we have just scratched the surface!

I still remember the feeling I got when I looked at VoT for the first time. Breathtaking. The only thing I could ask for is more building types to mix things up a bit.

Way to go BTS and Kwazydog. You should be proud.

Von Shrad

P.S. Other than that it is a very favorable mention.

The editor/webmaster of GoneGold site plays a lot and a large variety of games. I am trying to say is, if you have seen the latest 3D engines like Homeworld, Quake 3 Arena, KISS 2, Vampire, MDK 2, Deus Ex, Shogun, etc. You will be stunned by how far the 3D graphics engines has gone nowadays.

I am saying playing CM is not playing for eye-candies and sfx, there is not doubt the way CM engine, as is, gives us a lot of immersion and provide a very satisfying experience and also it is truely one of its own kind.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von shrad:

The only thing I don't like about what he said is 'the graphics are nothing stunning...'

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually think it is a good thing that he mentioned it. As Griffin pointed out, while CM certainly has the best graphics I ever saw in a wargame, compared to what is going on in 3D FPS, it is nothing to write home about. Now I know that that is an unfair comparison, but if you want to get those who play these games interested, you should manage expectations to some degree. If they expect excellent graphics, they will fire up the game, have one look at it, say 'eck' and never look at it again. If you say that the graphics are not that great, but that game-play is excellent, they will approach it from a different angle, and may give it an honest try. It is all about drawing others into our little hobby.

------------------

Andreas

Rich is not a Wargamer and him even mentioning the game as a "must have" is a major feat. I don't mean that in a Bad way,as over the months I have been exchanging emails with him,and he is a wonderful guy.

Compared to Deus Ex and Need For Speed:Porsche Unleashed CM's graphics are absolutely Spartan,but the games do not try to do the same thing. Besides,He's probably not seen alot of the POTD's and such. CE and VOT are very bland comparitively <Surely to keep the demo smaller> to alot of battles in the final product..

-Rookie

Gone in deep coma this weekend and miss the entire link frown.gif (Sorry to all my PBEM fellows!)

From what I have read from CGO newsletters to GoneGold.com that they are all very positive!

D/L Deus Ex demo on weekend, took 2 hours via ADSL while having an afternoon nap wink.gif Fire it up and find it looks great on 3dfx chips but sucks in D3D modes frown.gif Still stuck in stealth training part - definitely harder than Theif series and MGS...

FYI, Shogun is on my desk last Sat but I have no time to try it. BTW, my younger brother immediately jumps into it (he is a hugh Koei buff anyway) and finds it totally great!

Rookie: show him the PotDs and mods made by CCJ and others, just to impress hime okay?

So much for my OT.

Griffin @ work...place.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(