Pupchen vs PanzerShreck

Guest grunto

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dano6:

So I waited for arty support which had little if any effect on the pupchens.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm starting to move away from buying FOs in a quick battle. they seem too expensive for what they're usually worth. would this battle have been any different if you'd brought several m8 HMCs instead of FOs? i know that in isolation on a single position 4 M8 HMCs can probably take the infantry or gun out. was it possible to isolate the pupchens one by one or did you have to pretty much face none of them or all of them?

anyway, interesting thread. if the prices are changed at some point and historical rarity factored in i would vote for the 'on/off switch' on that feature.

what i would really like to see is every factor in a unit - gun, ammo, speed, armor, etc. - factored into the price. it seems the pupchen is a bit too much 'bang for the buck' under the current pricing system.

i also think that a t8 with an mg and the ability to carry a half squad is a steal.

it would be cool to have larger (2-squad) trucks at the current truck prices, and a regular truck like we have now for cheaper. let's face it... no one likes to drive trucks around in firefights so there's less incentive to buy them for a battle... using mg-armed halftracks is dicey enough.

the large trucks are not big on my wish list but lowering the prices of the trucks we have now would probably be a good idea in my opinion.

so assuming the pupchen is underpriced now, what is fair value? 25 points maybe?

so my ideal point system is based on 'overall unit capabilities' and not on the historical cost it took to actually produce the weapon, or its rarity... instead just its 'combat effectiveness.' and the way it is now is pretty close. i would make some of the FOs cheaper and maybe change the pupchen and lower the price of the trucks we have, but beyond that off the top of my head the current point pricing looks pretty good from here. i'm not sure if the t8 needs to be bumped up to 17-20 points or so as well.

mark the trucks down to say, 8-10 points or something.

andy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic