Where da User Scenarios?

Hey, where are all the user scenarios that everybody and thier grandma would be making once this puppy came out?

Quick battles are nice, but I like playing historical scenarios and CMHQ only has two?!?

Any other sites that has a wider variety?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey, where are all the user scenarios that everybody and thier grandma would be making once this puppy came out?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you can see, there are plenty of sites out there to find stuff, but there isn't that much stuff on them yet for a number of reasons.

For historical stuff, folks are discovering that all the readily available scenario fodder has already been used up. The other historical info is harder to come by in the detail required for a CM-scale battle, and of this only a subset is fit to make a balanced enough scenario that's fun for both sides.

Thus, many folks are having to make non-historical scenarios. But whether these are "could have happened" things or totally fictional, they all have the same problems. Although the editor is VERY easy to use, it still takes time to make a map that's just how you want it. And then, if you're serious about making a quality scenario, you need to have other people test your work. This takes several weeks to do right.

Thus, although it's no problem at all to whip out scenarios in a few minutes, making a good scenario takes a lot of time, both for research, map tweaking, and testing for balance. There will be many scenarios posted eventually, but it won't be an overnight thing.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Glad you like the name.I got it from watching "Cow and Chicken" on the Cartoon Network with my nephew.One of the characters was a baboon with a red butt.

So that's how I came up with the name.Plus drinking a bit when filling out the registration for this BBS helped a lot. smile.gif

-Monkeybutt

------------------

The Combat Mission Scenario Dump! http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/3805/Cm.html