Quickest game of CE I've ever played!!!

Oh man, it was a total slaughter!!! I played the Amis and by like two turns past the turn where I got my reinforcements, the Germans surrendered. 84 to like 15 or something.

I tried a little something different this time and it worked like a charm. I was almost going for a perfect game, but I did take about maybe 20 casualties w/ 2 knocked out Shermans due to a damn tough StuG (ricocheted shots galore).

Well anyway, I think the coup de gras was on like Turn 15 or so. Had the Germans retreating their infantry groups off the map 'cause I had my 3 remaining Shermans as mobile MG posts.

What was funny though was that a lone Volks squad was running behind by lines and surrendered, with only 1 casualty and 7 in good health, when he realized that he was cut off. For the hell of it, I sent the Co. HQs down to take pop shots at it with their pistolas. smile.gif Then to finish it off I sent a Sherman into LOS with it and hammered it with HE till he died.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

That's nothing. And I hate to admit it but I lost to my fine PBEM opponent Lt.Bull by turn 4 in CE. Me as germans, setting up my STUG's in hull down position, he comes charging over the hill, guns blazing, fully loaded with squads. BOOM! BOOM! All 3 STUG's are taken out as well as all my Schrecks. I knew I was beat and surrendered. I felt it was an unbalanced scenerio since surprise was all I had going for me and after playing CE a dozen times there are hardly any surprises left. But he still beat me on turn 4. OOUUCCHH!!

You can work it to your advantage too.

I basically turned the open area in the middle over the ridge (where one 'normally' sets the Stug up in Hull down) into kill zone with 2 Stugs to the left with Schrek support and the remainder of the Antiarmor assets to the other enfilade position.

AI sent shermans charging over the hill, spring ambush, boom boom boom, no more shermans, tho I did lose the 2 left side Stugs when the AI engaged (1 to a simultaneous mutual kill, cool to see). But then the enfilade position opened up on rear shots and kill the remaining tanks (schrek to rear I think).

His infantry are coming through the big woods right into another kill zone formed by the majority of my SMG units. Hopefully he didn't send too much infantry to handle. In any case, the remaining Stug is now Infantry support and will help a bunch.

So rushing hell for leather over the rise isn't necessarily the best of ideas.

Regards

--Mad

Well, I played CE today, and though it wasn't the quickest victory ever, it definitely was one of my most decisive. I was playing as the Germans with no side having an advantage (and after playing several times lately with the Amis pumped up 150%, which gives them between 12 and 14 tanks, 5 Shermans seemed like a cakewalk... smile.gif ) I simply positioned my StuGs on the left-side plateaus behind the big hill and waited. I pushed the 81mm FO to the front of the hill and targeted arty onto the hill on the Amis side, then casually walked most my troops onto the crest of my big hill, positioning them accordingly in case they were discovered, while my two vet groups, a couple COs and three schrecks ran to the small wooded area near the road on the right.

The arty kicked in and confused the Sherms and inf on the hill and they began to sprint in all directions, with the infantry heading toward my hill and the Shermans splitting into two groups, one group of two heading for the church, the remaining three heading for the two story building on the Amis side of my hill.

To make a long story short, the two Shermans near the church were popped off quickly, and two more who came to avenge them shared their fate. I began moving my mass of troops (and their reinforcements) across the hill toward the objective flag, annihilating the isolated Ami infantry which were scattered around in the woods. One of my schrecks in the trees near the road opened up on the last remaining Sherm, and I finished him off with a mad schreck charge out of the woods on my hill. Then it was simply a matter of hunting with the StuGs and running a banzai charge with all my troops, sending Ami infantry running for cover and yelling for their sweet mamas smile.gif

Anyways, it was 97 to 3 at the end... pretty fulfulling (and way too easy after playing with a 150% disadvantage for several games!!) biggrin.gif