What's the point of moving captured units

They are pretty much out of the game once they are captured, so what's the point of moving them? Do you get extra points or something? Why not just leave them where they surrendered?

------------------

To conquer others is to have power,

To conquer yourself is to have strength.

-Lao Tzu

They can be killed and moving them accomplishes two things. It gets them out of the line of fire and if you can keep them guarded with a bailed out crew then they will never escape. You are supposed to get more points for surrendered troops than killed/wounded ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RMC:

They can be killed and moving them accomplishes two things. It gets them out of the line of fire and if you can keep them guarded with a bailed out crew then they will never escape. You are supposed to get more points for surrendered troops than killed/wounded ones.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'll escape? Hmmph... never seen that, I've always left'em where they started shouting "Kamerad, Kamerad!!"

Guest Chris B

>They'll escape? Hmmph... never seen that, I've always left'em where they started shouting "Kamerad, Kamerad!!"

In a scenario I moved a captured allied unit "out of harms way" and it disappeared, a turn or two later I discovered that that way was a reinforcement approach for allied units.

I have also freed captured units in which case they are "Unarmed".

Personally I think freeing of prisoners is to hard, captured units stay captured even if even if every enemy is fleeing madly towards the edge of the map.

Well, it's not impossible that a surrendered unit would be too shocked to immediately jump up and run away when there are no captors in sight. If you surrender, you're in dire fear for your wellbeing, so you're not going to risk being noticed trying to escape. If lots of your own guys show up, that's when you'd cease to regard yourself as captured.

David

P.S. Playing 'Last Defence' in the beta demo as the Germans, I captured a US rifle squad just at the diagonal row of small buildings on the US right flank. My men swept past and into the bigger buildings, and no sooner had I done so, that rifle squad was shooting them in the back! Naturally I sent my Tiger to have a word with them. =)

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 08-05-2000).]

Guest Rommel22

Well I use the captured dudes to detect mines. I walf them in front of my troops if there are minefields ahead.

------------------

Russian tactics as said by von Mellenthin "Bridge heads everywhere"

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Well, it's not impossible that a surrendered unit would be too shocked to immediately jump up and run away when there are no captors in sight. If you surrender, you're in dire fear for your wellbeing, so you're not going to risk being noticed trying to escape. If lots of your own guys show up, that's when you'd cease to regard yourself as captured.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Humph. I (almost) laughed when I sent a pair of infantry squads in to rescue a fellow squad that had been taken prisoner. The would-be-rescuers ran in firing, but the TacAI of the captured squad decided that it was all just too much for them, and they jumped up and ran. In the opposite direction! Their sprint took them right into the arms of a newly-arrived German rifle platoon. Talk about ungrateful! smile.gif

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!