10 pts each! Mine heaven!!

Defenders got a huge boost this round through. I did 2 QB's and with the newly lowered prices I stocked up on mines, barbed wire, and TRP's. I think the AI has also gotten a boost in attacking, it seemed to widen out the frontage it attacks over a little bit. Love the patch and the new changes BTS, thanks.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Guest Big Time Software

So, do you think the pricing is more or less "about right" compared to before? We just made a guess as to what would be the right balance (as we did the first time smile.gif) so we are interested in what people think.

Steve

If more people are now more comfortable in the role of the defender and they can now buy CHEAP obstacles and Mines to set up a defensive perimeter with, then 10 points for mines sounds good.

I have not played on the Defence yet, but cheaper obstacles are welcomed by all defenders I'm sure.

I wonder now how VoT Plays now?.

Who has the newer TCP/IP friendly version of the VoT map ready for QB play so we can buy obstacles and set up a new German Defence?

Where Did I read about newly edited original scenario's re-minted for TCP/IP play?

Anyone ?

-tom w

Yes I do think the prices are quite reasonable. Roadblocks are at a price where I would actually consider buying one , mines can be purchased in enough quantity to deny a significant areas to the enemy . TRP's are amazingly reasonable.

I dont think anyone will accuse you of faint heartedness when it comes to making wholesale changes. Add these changes in with the Attack/Assault point ratio changes and things start looking much brighter for the defender. But I do think this will make for much closer games.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Steve wrote

We just made a guess as to what would be the right balance (as we did the first time ) so we are interested in what people think.[/b}

It's a great change; to win on the defense before you had to be both lucky and play perfectly.

Aduggestion for the next version: why not let players choose their own point ratios and even map dimensions. EG:' Looking for Attack.Defend, 4200/3500 pts. Prefer Allies'.