Mods CD

I was wondering if anyone planed to create a disc, with all the units, textures, etc. There are so many good mods, it will take me a week full-time to d/l them. I'd rather pay someone to do it. I know it would probably be difficult, because of the different mod makers involved, and why should someone profit off of someone else's hard work. Maybe the money could go to a non-profit org. Maybe send it to get that WWII monument, built in D.C., just a thought.

PS: Is there anyone from the Boston area, or NE who can help me out? Can you believe cable modem isn't even an option, in Boston yet?

[This message has been edited by Klink (edited 12-18-2000).]

Yeah, I thought about doing something just like that about a month ago. I made a CD for a fellow CM player at work with all the mods I had downloaded and thought about creating CD's for other CM players as well.

I trashed the idea because it could be seen as making a profit on other peoples mod work, even though I would only charge shipping plus materials. Could also be seen as taking credit for others work if you don't include a proper listing of credits for all the mods on the CD. A lot of work and very time consuming, especially with new mods coming out all the time.

I think the best thing would be for someone to create a website that is a "one stop shop" for all the mods out there, like Kump's site with mod comparisons, but that would be a lot of work to maintain.

However, if you don't have a high speed internet connection, I feel for you. I know I wouldn't be able to get half these mods without DSL.

I have actually made a cd that includes the mods i like and pics of the mods and some detailed instructions on how to install the mods and in what order.

I did this for my friends and it only includes the mods that are my personal favourites... of course i dont charge a dime, since they have to supply the disc.

Unfortunately i live in sweden and it is quite pricey to send stuff like this to other countrys so i guess there will be no service like the one youre requesting. Unless of course someone sends me a cd, envelope and stamps... then theyll get a cd.

Thing is i keep all this in a special folder on my hard drive and update it regularly so there will be the newest patch and mods on the cd all the time.

Well i guess this kinda sounded like a commersial but thats just the salesman in me.

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

Guest MantaRay

Also, with mods being made all the time, the CD would be out of date quickly. Good idea, and maybe a good revenue source for BTS in the future.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

Originally posted by Klink:

PS: Is there anyone from the Boston area, or NE who can help me out? Can you believe cable modem isn't even an option, in Boston yet?

I'm in Boston. Cambridge to be exact, and I have some good news and some bad news. Good news: I can get cable modem access, and I am on the verge of ordering cable modem access. Bad news: I don't have it yet, and haven't had the patience to d/l any thing yet.

More good news: Once I do, I would be happy to make you a disk. Bad news: I don't have a cd burner. Good news: I love to spend money frivilously, and this is a great excuse to buy one. You'll have to be patient though, it won't happen until mid-January (I guess that is more bad news).

On a Boston note: where in Boston can't you get a dsl? Also, would you like to join the Massachusetts Minutemen on the Rugged Defense ladder? We have a spot open, and we need soldiers in our effort to conquer the world (minus the Dutch - they beat one of our guys). Let me know: sensibletoad@juno.com

-Rob

Wow, 1 from Cambridge, 1 from Somerville. I lived in Cambridge for 5 years 73-78, and in Somerville for 17 years 78-95. Now I live in Southie, Somerville didn't have enough pubs....heh. It's good to know that some local guys, are playing CM. Would be funny if I knew you guys, you never know...right?

Buckshyesh, my mother lives on Highland Ave, I'm over there quite a bit, maybe we can work something out. This would be a huge favor. I'd give you first crack at my mods...lol.

If our number of posts is any guide, than I think we are all relative newbies. I am working on my second round of pbems, with mixed results.

If you are interested in a pbem, send me a file. It would be cool to play someone in my time zone. Big Dog (California) is always sending me angry messages in the middle of the night wanting a new turn (joke!) and forget about CapDogInChina. When he isn't gallavanting around the Pacific Rim, our turns are never rapid fire (although we almost always get a turn a day).

-Rob

Ah you Boston boys!

I was bohn n raised in Wistah!

Live in Pennsylvania now though, so this is totally irrelevant. Enjoy!

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scrogdog:

Rob, I'll be happy to play you and learn. Right now though, I have the pressures of fiscal year-end at work. Probably in mid-January or so I'll be ready.

[This message has been edited by Scrogdog (edited 12-19-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a good holiday. Drop me an email when you have the time.

Truthfully, one of my favorite things about CMBO is the flexibility of PBEM. I haven't played anything else since the first week I got it. Even when work is terrible, I usually manage to d/l the files, and bang out a turn.

Croda: Wistah? Isn't it spelled Wooster? Or is it Worcester? Something to think about while you're riding the T to Quinzy. Or is that Quincy?

I graduated Tufts in '90 and haven't been back since, but I hear my tuition bought a nice new library.

Can anyone tell me why the Store 24 in Davis Square closes at 11pm?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Croda: Wistah? Isn't it spelled Wooster? Or is it Worcester? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's certainly spelled Worcester, but good luck finding anyone who says it that way!

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai