New Mod: Total Conversion of Graphic Interface for CM

deanco

Hi y'all,

Just checking in. I want to thank everybody who posted. For those who liked my mod, I want to say that the words of appreciation and encouragement mean a lot to me. It makes me realize that I am not working in a vacuum, that I have added that fraction of a percentage point that makes this fantastic game that tiny bit better. For those who posted constructive criticsm, thank you for helping me distance myself from my work. OK, I spent 3 days on it and I tend to think that after all that effort it oughta be great. I think that's just human nature. So without your feedback, I probably would consider this mod finished. As it is...

Yep, Iconoclast got me thinking about all those people running the game in high resolutions. So I'm gonna redo it again as a "Hi-Vis" version. I have an idea for a workaround that should make the letters bolder. If it works, I will be able to make the colors a bit dimmer than they are now with no loss in readability. This, and getting rid of the 3D effect, should help matters somewhat.

OK, off to work. The folks who want me to do the Map Editor will have to wait, this takes precedence. I'll let ya know when the Hi-Vis version is done. Bye now.

DeanCo--

Howdy all,

Well, I've finished the Unit and Battle screens. I took a long hard look at what was important to know from the interface and how to get that across with light and color. So now if everything's OK you will have a more subdued screen, and the bright colors will come on only when something is wrong or about to go wrong. I pretty much redid the whole color scheme, once again to make important facts stand out.

Plus I subdued everything, across the board, a little bit. I never thought that subduing the colors would make it look better, but it sure as heck did. You'll see.

The white background for the red cross is in, and y'all were right, it looks way better that way.

I took the 3D effect off of everything in the interface. "AMMO" is less bright. There is some stuff I completely missed first time around, too, like the special weapon icons.

Now to get to work on the front end.

DeanCo--

DOH!

Well I just got done posting the *older* version of the Interface Total Conversion on CMHQ. It can be found in the Interface Mod Section. The rest of tonights update is still in progress though.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing