MAC MOD MANAGERS RELEASED!!!!! MAC DEGENERATES REJOICE!!! CMHQ UPDATE!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Yeah...

Yes, we have them for the Mac crowd and from what I hear they rock. Read all the details on CMHQ and be sure to check out the two new mods that also went up today!

Enjoy!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Thanks for supporting us stinkin' Mac users, Matt! And double thanks to Brian (aka bsoplinger) and Dave (aka aikidorat) for their work on these programs!

Mac users, get those mods! They look very cool! biggrin.gif

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Matt, love the new SS camo pattern. Looks much better than the original. Only bad thing is the compatibility issue with the helmets. I got around that by using the helmet bmp from the feldgrau uniform mod. Looks really good and authentic. One question, will MDMP-2 have new winter uniforms for both the Germans and Allies?

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Man I did what you said but Its still no working wh well I dont wont to use the MDMPS any way so what diffrence dose it make?

Rob<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, It has been said that long term exposure to the MDMP's will improve your spelling! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Rob/1

Just FYI, but, as mentioned before, there will NOT be a MAC patch for MDMP-2.

Instead, you will have to use one of the mod managers to convert the bmps over. It's easy, and will only take a few minutes to learn, and gives you more flexibility.

We released MCMMM as freeware so no one feels forced to pay for mods for the mac. MacMod is guilt-free shareware, so that's an option too.

This does not mean that we arent supporting the mac anymore. Far from it - we just have better projects and things to spend our time on. More announcements later on what those might be.

dave

------------------

History is made at night

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

Is that a default sky or a custom one?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's no default sky, nor is it a mod. I just modified a real photograph and inserted it. It looks great the way it does, but 'in-game' the edges don't match, and of course you have to have 4 suns. biggrin.gif

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

Ah I see.

I was working on a photo-realistic sky a while ago but got distracted by the CMRPG.

Actually, Juju, can you send me some of your sky pics? I know how to make them "CM" compatible.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 09-03-2000).]

It all came down on finding the right pictures. I tried several, night and winter ones too, but none of 'em looked as good as the one on the POTD. The colours, the resolution, that sort of stuff. Not all skies appeared to be "compatible" with CM graphics (in the aesthetic sense). Basically I just wanted to make a cool pic. I'll send it over! smile.gif

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.