What's the upper pipe in howitzers for?

Jarmo

Tero; Ding! you are correct the proper term is recuperator housing.

All; Have we actually sunk to the point where no thread is safe from inane,childish behavior? I mean, what in the nine hells makes anyone think that constant Sh@t stirring is entertainment? note; if you do think that is entertainment, please disregard, as it is obivious that you are too far gone, and should be left to quitely drift. cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pzvg:

Tero; Ding! you are correct the proper term is recuperator housing.

All; Have we actually sunk to the point where no thread is safe from inane,childish behavior? I mean, what in the nine hells makes anyone think that constant Sh@t stirring is entertainment? note; if you do think that is entertainment, please disregard, as it is obivious that you are too far gone, and should be left to quitely drift. cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To paraphrase a great song title: "Just an abstraction ?" :big grin:

:USERNAME: wrote:

> ..Or if only an inaporpriate bad analogy could be misaligned to any of life's difficult situations and they would go away...

Okay, so you didn't like my analogy. Did it traumatise you? Are you going to sue me for damages? Or are you so idle that it amuses you to follow me around and make random comments about windmills?

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Well, I really hate to drag this thread back out of the cesspool, but here goes:

According to the Complete Encyclopedia of WWII weapons, the top barrel on the American Howitzer gun is actually a 37mm gun, used for training purposes only. The cost of 75mm ammunition was much too high to be wasted, so the smaller barrel was used.

There you have it.

Gerbil-meister Hundminen