Gun damaged tanks in operations

Juju

Hi all.

I'm currently playing an operation. One of my Panthers suffers a gun hit early in a scenario. I pull it back and park it somewhere in the rear area for the duration of the battle. Except for a damaged gun there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Crew is just fine as well...

To my surprise the Panther turned up "abandoned" at the beginning of the next scenario. Now, I can perfectly understand that when a tank gets bogged or immobilized it stays exactly where it is (when bogged), or it is abandoned (when immob.)

But a crew under my command who would abandon that expensive piece of machinery merely because it has a damaged gun, instead of simply driving it back to the workshop would face some serious court-martial-ing. frown.gif

That is NOT to say that I think I should have that tank in tip-top condition for the next battle. I DO however at least expect it to be gone from the field.

So, is what happened here standard? Has anyone else noticed this? If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be cool.

Thanks.

------------------

I prefer an enemy who's willing to die for his country. That way both him and me have the same aim in mind.

A gun damaged tank you get it back after 3 or 4 battle Colin. Its unrealist but thats what happens. I think steve or someone from BTS said operations weren't very acuart.

Ah, No, no, some of you may be missing the point here. Or it's me who's being unclear. smile.gif

The tank in question's gun got damaged in battle 5. At the end of the battle it was mobile, and still fully manned.

In battles 6 and 7 Its useless hulk just sat there -abandoned- exactly where I basically 'parked' it in battle 5.

Now, in the setup phase of battle 8 (been busy tonight) it's finally removed.

I can understand that repairing a gun or even a turret takes time. Now, it CAN'T be repaired if it's sitting in the field. But it SHOULD have been removed from the field entirely at the end of battle 5, because it was STILL MOBILE and active! At least, it should have been removed in my opinion.

Hope this clears it up a little.

------------------

I prefer an enemy who's willing to die for his country. That way both him and me have the same aim in mind.