OT: Another One for the Little Guys

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Guest Bad Ju Ju

I just read that Shrapnel's "Steel Beasts" has sold out its first printing. Way to go! Hum...recalling the BTS Manifesto....you guys may be onto something.

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil

• 2 weeks later...

Also an excellent game... highly recommended for the realism-obsessed. Everyone who thinks hitting a tank is too hard in CM should try hitting anything in SB with manual traverse and optical sights only first... Excellent customer service, too.

I highly recommend SB for you other gunners, too, by the way... I figure I could play one of the final training scenarios, where an M1 FO tank blows away a whole column of enemy AFVs with nothing but his artillery support, only about 3 or 400 more times before it gets tired. FASCAM (wham)... ICM (wham)... HE to finish off the dismounted infantry (wham)... then stroll through the wreckage to pick off the survivors at your leisure. A thing of beauty.

BruceR

Guest MantaRay

Steel Beasts is a modern Tank Sim, letting you play Abrams and Leopards. The Korean Nightmare scenario is about as tough a scenario as any I have played. No mistake here folks, this is hard to learn.

Graphics are kind of shoddy, but for a few people who worked on this, it is truly a CMesque game. I think everyone should support these guys too as they are on the right page as is BTS. Just an opinion.

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/sb/

Ray

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Yes Steal Beasts is a great sim. The first time your TC shouts out "Gunner, HEAT, Tank Fire! Fire SABOT!" You are frantically trying to make sure its a first shot first kill because chances are you won't get a second chance. Two games made by small companies, both are excellent, I see a trend here...

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

I was somewhat involved in the testing of this game and the thing that impressed me the most was the excellent tutorial on how to use modern weaponry.

Alas, my manual dexterity has made it hard for me, but that is my problem, not the game's...

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com