Don't know if this has been covered (I searched). Will there be a "medic" unit in CM? I have no idea, but my impression is that every company had at least one guy with a red cross on his helmet running around. I'm not so sure what use he would be, and perhaps I should just imagine him there in my company commander unit (which will make me doubly mad when those Krauts wipe out the company commander, violate the Geneva convention will you??). But if there were an independent unit that would be cool. Perhaps it would increase the moral of units near it (it would sure make me a lot happier about charging that MG). Yes yes yes, I know that its far to late to change the game. Just wondering if this was included.

--Chris

Guest Big Time Software

We don't directly simulate medics, but in operation scenarios, some of your casualties will return to action between battles, simulating them being only lightly wounded and patched up by a medic.

Charles

Guest tom w

well sorry to say this but

I think I have heard them yell "Medic!" in CE in the gold Demo..

NO?

or am I just imagining that?

Anyone else?

I think they do yell Medic! now

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Stone:

I little O/T,

The sound of units yelling "medic" might be a cool sound addition for CM2??

(gee, I hope this isn't in already & I have missed it).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A quick run through the wavs found that that 1031 is "Medic! I'm hit!" with 1036 & 1038 different versions of "Medic!"

It appears that the range from 1030 to 1038 are the injury sounds in English. Does anyone know which ones are the German versions?

Both 1033 & 1037 are "My arm!", now how many games would put in a variation for such a specific injury.

Guest tom w

Um I have looked all over and I was wondering where these sound files could be found on a Mac?

there is no sound file "list" with those numbers on for the mac version of the God Demo

just curious?

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jagged:

A quick run through the wavs found that that 1031 is "Medic! I'm hit!" with 1036 & 1038 different versions of "Medic!"

It appears that the range from 1030 to 1038 are the injury sounds in English. Does anyone know which ones are the German versions?

Both 1033 & 1037 are "My arm!", now how many games would put in a variation for such a specific injury.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tom w:

Um I have looked all over and I was wondering where these sound files could be found on a Mac?

there is no sound file "list" with those numbers on for the mac version of the God Demo

just curious?

-tom w

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two files called 'Sound 1' and 'Sound 2' in the folder 'Data' in the Demo folder. macs handle this stuff differently than PCs. Berlichingen can tell you more about it, he converted a Saving Private Ryan soundset that Cool CJ created for the beta demo for the Mac. You can download that from Colin's website. It is cool and I hope Berli is doing that again - Berli, can you hear me, hello... Maybe I treat your POWs nicely if you do that... Maybe not...

------------------

Andreas

Guest tom w

Got it

they are Resedit documents, I knew that Macs handle sounds differently but when I open the app in Resedit the sounds were not where I had expected them. But I see them there in the Data folder

thanks

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

There are two files called 'Sound 1' and 'Sound 2' in the folder 'Data' in the Demo folder. macs handle this stuff differently than PCs.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

[This message has been edited by tom w (edited 05-18-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Stone:

Hey Tom,

After thinking about it...

Wouldn't WW2 Americans yell:

"Corpman!!"

Just a thought... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Corpsman" was for MARINE CORPS and NAVY medics...in ther Army they are called MEDIC'S...then and now.