Jimminey Crickets you guys

After playing for awhile I will withdraw my TBS complaint. After figuring out what the heck I was supposed to be up to and how to orchestrate maneuvers, it isn’t so bad. RTS would destroy the feeling of higher level command so I will capitulate on this RTS vs TBS point.

I still wish each guy was represented in CM though, BUT I do understand it is not possible with modern computer hardware. I hope that full representation will be implemented in future versions.

My idea concerning crew served weapon-targeting (giving key weapons icons on the screen to give quick access to a targeting line) may save a little time, but would clutter the screen and probably be annoying.

I am much happier with the game after fully familiarizing myself with it and will be purchasing soon. I am sure there will be much to learn and will give me many hours of good game play. It is quite a switch from CC and requires a massive rethink of tactics. Things that work in CC get your men killed here and vice versa.

I am surprised by the common response to complaints by many members of this group. Many valid objections are needlessly belittled and the poor saps to raise objections are raked across the coals. Of course not all ideas will work, but perhaps someone will have a nifty idea that is actually good. Critique is a good thing for goodness sake. Not everyone who wishes something was a little different in CM is a ‘troll’ or ‘not a serious wargamer’

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Redleg,

What you have to keep in mind is that there are 63,000 posts here. When someone comes on and in their first post complains about things like they were the first to think of them, and with little time playing the game usually, some people do lose it a bit I guess smile.gif

As you say, not all ideas are good ones, but far too often the "bad" ideas are brought up time and again and/or without thinking about how it would affect the game as a whole. We have taken hundreds of hours to explain things on this BBS, so it is a bit of a shame that people post without reading even one thing about the subject they are posting about. 99.999% of the possible things concerning CM have been covered in some way shape or form before wink.gif

The thing that is clear to people that have read the posts here, even a few dozen over time, know that everything in CM has been VERY carefully thought out and designed. Perhaps not perfectly, but not through neglect or ignorance.

As for criticism that is fine by us. Well thought out and politely presented criticism that is. We have made dozens of changes, some of them hugely fundamental, because of the criticism on this BBS. I guess what the "old timers" are not happy about is when "johny come lately" posts not very well thought out stuff with an attitude.

I have no idea if any of the above applies to you (this is the first post I have read of yours), but that is why you see what you see sometimes. And also keep in mind that we do have Trolls here. Not a huge number, but enough to be annoying wink.gif

Steve