Final Product Scenarios

Guest kevi

Looking a the great air attack screen

shots of German columns getting hit

got me to thinking.

As many know, the Germans did their best

to avoid attacking out of cover on clear days. Many Company/Battalion scale counter-attacks occured along the line

just after dark when the fight-bombers went home and the Allies were tired from attacking all day.

I can assume that there will be a few German

night attacks in the scenarios released.

I am just checking that this important German operational tactic will be covered.

- Kevin

Man I cant wait for these night battles ...

Pls remember the German night counter

attack on company scale (just like the

scale in CM) was very common ... I hope

a few are included

- Kevin

- Kevin

Guest Madmatt

Just remember Kevi that even if you don't find what you want in Combat Mission, you can just make your own company/battalion night battle. Or just as easy you can take any existing scenario (Chance Encounter for instance) and with about 3 clicks CHANGE the scenario to night! In fact I just did it and it took 6 seconds!!! Save the modified scenario with a new name load it up and BINGO you got your night battle. Simple as that!

Madmatt out... cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

p.s. Umm MarkIV, I know you meant well, but please don't put full size pictures from the web site into messages like that...It tends to miss things up a bit... wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-09-2000).]

Hey Mad Hatter

Send me that night scenario OK ...

The proof is in the puddin

.... and the point ...

West WW2 is about the slow everyday

grind of Allies vs Germans. The night

German counter attacks fit very well

into the scale of CM ...

Scenarios designers unight!

- Kevin

Guest Capt_Manieri

As soon as I get my scenario editor, I'm gonna make a d-day scenario and a concentration camp liberation! I can't wait!

Guest GriffinCheng

More on night combat:

Will there be IR-spotlight-equipped AFVs available? If so, what effect would they impose on combat?

Guest Madmatt

Mark IV,

No damage done! It's just when you use linked graphics in a forum like this, certain programs think that the file is still open and will not let me change or move it and thats a pain when I am trying to do one of about a hundred things I do on the CMHQ server each day! And you guys thought it looked pretty on the outside! wink.gif

Um by the way, I was sorta referring also to the link right into that picture..Hehehe it is sorta considered bad form to post links like that without asking and that also screws up my site statistics...Could you just put in a the standard link to CMHQ instead?

Its: combathq.thegamers.net

We want people to come see everything we have to offer not just one little picture! wink.gif

Madmatt out... cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-10-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

No IR devices. Far too few of them were ever used in combat (probably less than a half dozen examples). Plus, it isn't easy to simulate as the effective combo was a "reflector" vehicle (mounted on an HT) illuminating the targets while the specially outfitted Panthers took shots. And I forget exactly, but we are talking only a few minutes of operational use. Battery technology back then was terrible.

Steve