Units being abducted by aliens

Pud

I played a scenario last night (tiger222) and after setting up my 2 engineer squads in some woods to ambush the KT, when it came to actually "go" and do my turn, there were 2 foxholes but one was empty. Anyone else experienced this. I did check to see if it was placed someplace else but nope!

BTS - a bug, be it a rare one.

Pud

Here's one possibility. In set-up, you could have split an engineer squad and placed the 2 half-squads near each other. When the game starts, because the half-squads are within their recombine range they become a single normal squad, in the foxhole of the original squad you split- *however* THE SECOND HALF-SQUAD'S FOXHOLE REMAINS!! *the lights go out and you hear a hideous shriek behind you*

Or I could be totally off. ^_^

Ataru ^_^

I didnt do a split so unless the scenarios starts that way, im not sure - will have to see if I can get it to do it again. When I played CC3 this happened alot, armour, inf, arty etc often go awol. It was disappointing to see it happen with CM, mind you it has only happened once. smile.gif

Pud

Pud,

why didn't you save and end (surrender) the game right then and there to have the NO-FOW after-battle map with all units shown?

maybe they surrendered/were captured, maybe the enemy had some unit there, etc.

I am concerned if what you relate is true, because I do want a game that works! smile.gif

------------------

"Do want a game that works???" (CPT Stransky)

The squads were split into teams and were too close together. If set up too close together, teams will rejoin at the start of battle, though each team will have had its own foxhole. I do this all the time in defensive QBs to trick the enemy into thinking more troops are dug in than there really are.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

The squads were split into teams and were too close together. If set up too close together, teams will rejoin at the start of battle, though each team will have had its own foxhole. I do this all the time in defensive QBs to trick the enemy into thinking more troops are dug in than there really are.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the INTEL there Elijah. wink.gif

No send me your friggin' turn so that I can rain arty down on your men some more!! biggrin.gif

Jeff

[This message has been edited by Shandorf (edited 09-05-2000).]