Running, Walking & a Suggestion

There have been a number of enthusiastic comments regarding the much better animation of running soldiers visible in the IntroMovie.

But has anyone noticed how much better the walking soldiers look as well - heads bobbing up and down, no more lockstep between the 1st and 3rd man in a squad. They look like they're really....well...walking.

One thing that came to mind while watching the movie (repeatedly, obsessively) was "how would this look with the color filtered out?" I.e. a black and white version of the movie - really start to blur the line between CGI and reality. Maybe there's a filter that can be applied to .avi's that could do this. We could end up not just with movies, but "newsreels" and "documentaries"

L4Pilot (have to go unlimber my 4x5 Speed Graphic)

Guest hunt52

Easy way to view the movies in grayscale (for mac people):

Set your monitor to 256 grays! no conversion of the movie necessary!

- Bill

Guest KwazyDog

That was actually mentioned way back, and if I recall it wasnt possible to do from a coding side of things.

It would be very cool though, I must admit smile.gif

Yes, the running and walking was one of the most enjoyable animations of the movie.

I was really impressed with the FACES of the infantry guy's.

They appear to have the 5 O'clock shadow or they are faily dirty.

They really look mean, and pissed off.

Compared to that cartoonish look in the beta.

Nice improvement.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all