&*^%$ mortars...

If your firing at a target outside of LOS, remember that only the target area command will work. If your trying to target a specific unit, then your mortar needs to have LOS to the unit, or be under the command radius of a HQ unit that has the target in LOS. So if the commanding HQ unit or the team itself can see the target, use the Target command. If you can't see the target, use the Target Area command. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is right.

See also the Artillery Usage FAQ on the Combat Mission HQ Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com/

It's in the Golden BB's section.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jochen2:

If you do, as said above - it´s important, that the command unit is not hiding!!!!

Jochen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... My "spotting" HQ unit for the mortars is always hidden. I have no problem to use indirekt mortar fire while that HQ is operating under an hide order.

Nich Fleisch

Nich Fisch

Komisch

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schugger:

Hmmm... My "spotting" HQ unit for the mortars is always hidden. I have no problem to use indirekt mortar fire while that HQ is operating under an hide order.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right Schugger, the HQ unit can stay hidden. I always leave it hidden, makes sure it survives so much longer. I believe it affects LOS negatively in some way, but it does not negate it completely, so you can use it while hidden.

Budda budda...

------------------

Andreas