105mm AP?

I was discussing AP munitions with a 10th AD vet and he mentioned something to me about the Sherman 105s having AP rounds. Naturally, my first thought was given to the 105s in CM, and whether or not they carried AP. I'm pretty sure that they don't. If I'm not mistaken, then only carry HE and Smoke.

If that's the case, then was he mistaken? He mentioned the 105 AP taking the turret off of the German tanks, though I suppose that the blast from 105 HE could do so to the smaller tanks anyway. Does anyone care to comment on this?

We had a very interesting discussion about his experiences observing tank battles. (He mentioned Sherman 76s "chasing away" what he thought were King Tigers, though I suppose he could have been mistaken.

Your comments please.

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

I was discussing AP munitions with a 10th AD vet and he mentioned something to me about the Sherman 105s having AP rounds. Naturally, my first thought was given to the 105s in CM, and whether or not they carried AP. I'm pretty sure that they don't. If I'm not mistaken, then only carry HE and Smoke.

If that's the case, then was he mistaken? He mentioned the 105 AP taking the turret off of the German tanks, though I suppose that the blast from 105 HE could do so to the smaller tanks anyway. Does anyone care to comment on this?

We had a very interesting discussion about his experiences observing tank battles. (He mentioned Sherman 76s "chasing away" what he thought were King Tigers, though I suppose he could have been mistaken.

Your comments please.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he was right on the money whereas you are full of poop.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal