Target indications and stuff

Good thing you found it Mike smile.gif

Target indications? Please clarify. Pre planned artillery targets?

The kneeling position of the squads is only there to differentiate between normal stance and that of hiding or being pinned, the latter being the prone position.

It is just a graphical solution, the "kneeling" men will be using the terrain and stance to best effect too but it is "hidden" in the system.

M.

Maybe I am going over the top....sorry if I am wasting your time .

But when you make contact with the enemy ( he fires at you or you fire at him ). The scouts or anybody targeted will yell to his seco or boss, 100 metres axis of advance 1 enemy. ( maybe that kind of thing is good for realtime where there is mayhem and you need information fast...).

Come to think of it pre-planned arty would be slick, that is reference points that are indicated on map.

Also is moving like patroling, because the guys that move look like cannon fodder when they move. Is there a more patrolling like manner...rifles ( except guns ) held softly in between waist and shoulder.

Also will there be wind, sometimes heavy guns in still wind after alot of rounds create clouds of fumes and dust.

I play the mac version, should I see fatal casualties,I was doing an attack and I couldn't get a visual count of the enemies casulties.

cheers

Mike

sorry if my questions seem ridiculous....but this game is very schmick and switched on

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Also is moving like patroling, because the guys that move look like cannon fodder when they move.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As was just hammered into the ground by Fionn in another thread wink.gif they are just a graphical representation. When you are using the move or sneak commands your guys are alert and on the ball regardless of how they look.

Is there a more patrolling like manner...rifles ( except guns ) held softly in between waist and shoulder.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what this means, could you clarift it? I think in some of the more current animations ( the running ones ) the soldiers are holding their weapons as if to fire fron the hip. There are pictures somewhere in CMHQ.

Also will there be wind, sometimes heavy guns in still wind after alot of rounds create clouds of fumes and dust.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this was decided no. If I recall correctly, Steve and Charles said it would be too much strain on already overtaxed machines for too little benefit.

I play the mac version, should I see fatal casualties,I was doing an attack and I couldn't get a visual count of the enemies casulties.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The short answer is: NO!

The longer answer is: If you search for "dead bodies" and the like you will find umpteen threadt discussing this to death. No dead bodies in CM though.

- Bill

Mike,

And that's the point of the animations and graphics... They are primarily informational in nature. That means that their primary job is to help convey information (dead ground, rough size of enemy force etc etc).

While guys walking and sneaking might look the same they have very different in-code behaviours etc.

Some genericisation of appearance was necessary for CPU purposes I believe.

Mike - what you asked for "Target Indication points visible on the map" are called "Target Reference Points" in CM, and - indeed - they are visbile on the map. If the scenario designer gives you some, that is. You should try a SEARCH on this topic, you'll find much more about it on this board.

Guest Big Time Software

Mike's sig should read:

"The easiest way tthrougho a mans heart is with a 50 cal "

Welcome. Glad you like the demo. You will find that many of the questions you have, if not most, have been asked before. More importantly, they actually have been answered too smile.gif A Search will usually pull up more answers than you can shake a stick at and nearly all of them have "official" words from us. Also, several of our Beta testers are regular posters here (Fionn and Monn who commented above both are).

Steve