Super Luxury 16-32 meg card Texture set!

Just wondering if anyone is interested in a large texture size Texture set for CM?

I have one I'm working on(separate from TT v2) that has double/triple the texture sizes of the Tweaked Tetxures v2.0! It allows super sharp and detailed tetxures, even when you zoom in close wink.gif

BTS is aiming for 8 meg card users nice clean gameplay visulas - but I'm aiming for maximal visual realism, ie sort of what it would look like if you were there, ie no terrain contours etc etc

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

I won't get into full swing until the gold demo version has been released biggrin.gif But 16 meg cards should be fine, as I only have 16 megs tongue.gif AT the moment - I can see a Leadtek 32 meg DDR in my machine in a few short months wink.gif

Beliviee me even 16 megs worth of textures is pretty damn good, all you need 32 megs for is to play those textures at high res, like 1024x768+ wink.gif since CM is 16 bit only 16 megs is plenty...for now tongue.gif

ccj

Hey CCJ-

I was playing last night, and I realized.. you know what REALLY needs larger textures? more than anything else, the ground. The reason I say this is I have an awsome screenshot of an m18 sitting RIGHT behind (2m) a stug (about to make the Stug very unhappy), the picture looks AWESOME in all things, except for the fact that the ground looks like a solid piece of green plastic (at view 1)...

If you could double or quadruple the ground textures, I think that would do a lot to the overall realism of the game, especially at the lower views.

-Eridani

12 megs.....dunno - I guess you'll have to try it to see, should work, I guess it'll just downgrade the textures that don't fit into v-ram, or might slow it down etc

I have doubled the ground textures in TT v2.0 - the gold version uses larger tetxure sizes, so I have taken the liberty to do so myself wink.gif That way if you want to use the texture in the final version you can biggrin.gif See the a recent pic I posted on my site of this.

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

Darker? No, not really. When 32 bit graphics are enabled in /some/ apps, it lookes a tad darker, but the only place I realy noticed that was in Unreal Tourney. I attribute that to the relatively dark color palette in general. When switching in a scene, things would not necessarily get darker, but lots of the deeper textures seem to be shadowing, etc. Though explosions are still nice and cheery, so I would have to say no. Fer instance, Combat Mission demo's 16 bit graphics look about equal to what they looked like with the old banshee.

Also, I ahven't played with the settings much as I'm running Win2k and I'm just glad that they finally put out drivers that sort of work most of the time (rather than not working at all, which is where I was until about a week ago when the Nvidia 376 Win2k bets reference drivers were released). Have not wanted to screw around until some more mature, stable drivers are out there.

I'm definitely into that!

I have an NV10 based TNT.

Sage

Holy crap. I just looked at your screen shots. You textures look so much better then the one provided in the beta demo it hurts (ouch! ouch! ouch!). My big problem has always been the poor quality shading and washed-out blacks of the CM textures. That's why when you do modeling, you add extra hi-lighting and shadowing. There is an art to it. It looks like your textures go a long ways to address this. Two words: kick ass.

[This message has been edited by sage (edited 02-15-2000).]