CM & Opium ...Coincidence?

I have been reading the Ambrose book on the building of the transcontinetal railroad: "Nothing Like it in the World" I was reading of the Chinese labor that built the Central Pacific, which reminded me of the opium dens of China and San Fransico, which reminded me that I am NOT getting any work done, just killing time, reading the forum and waiting w/ much of the same slack jaw, glassy eyed disinterest until I can get home to fire up (light up......coincidence?) CM.

I keep checking CMHQ praying that something new has been posted, feelimg an empty drop in my stomach when I see, that no, Matt hasn't yet posted anything new in the last 1/2 hr.

BTS has, as has been mentioned before done more to bring down the economic output of this nation than any other thing, well since opium. We constantly hear storiesof how our slavish devotion to our addiction and cravings has ruined relationships, sleep , health and who knows, lives. After all does Seanachai have anyother purpose than to compose odes to the Peng thread and get his PBEM's in? I think not.

Does OB&G/Maximus, brooding in his lair have anything else to do? Does Tiger, electronic paintbrush in hand do anything except keep posting these tantalizing mods, we can never have?!

Do I care? No. For me it is too late. My soul is lost and riven from any chance of redemption or salvation. So dear reader, if you are perchance new, and not yet hooked, then flee, flee, run as if the hounds of hell are pursuing you. Pause but a moment and you shall be sucked down into a phantasmagorical dream of Tigers, Panthers and Kangaroos, of 8 inch artillery shrieking down singing their death cry of doom.......for us it is too late, only the next fix will suffice.

Go then, turn away, I am too weak, BTS posses my waking existence. Hearth and Home, and employment pale with the orgiastic shiver that courses thru my blood as the 'zook draws down at the encroaching menance, nothing compares w/ the release that consumes me as artillery smashes into the hovel, exploding in a expanding cloud of death, and that penultimate moment, that sine qua non, that orgasmic convulsion as the shell penetrates it's target, driving deeper into the bowels of it's victim displaying for all to see "frontal armor penetrated at weak point" YES, oh god YES!

Then, I am at peace, floating in the clouds of nirvana, a peaceful lassitude suffusing my being. But as all things are transitory, the blood lust builds again and must be satisified. There is a darkness abroad in the land, and we are becoming it's oh too willing victims and converts.

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

I'm not surprised at analogies you draw between opium and CM. After all, the average CM player (and thus I assume Steve and Charlse) is of an age to have been heavily exposed to opium in early childhood. What did they call that stuff? Paragoric? biggrin.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html