Infantry AI

Hi all again!

I know, that this was asked a lot of weeks before - but, i have to ask now on my own again - cause, the AI (one of the best i ever played against) uses his infantry, especially in house to house fightings in human wave attacks!!!

Well, i don´t think, that Germans either the Allied used their inf in this manner. Fionn, Steve, Charles please give me an answer, if this would be fixed or changed, or if you have an other opinion about this.

Thanks a lot!!!

Greetings form Germany

Jochen

P.S. I play the 1.04 version.

Guest Madmatt

I would give you an answer but you said only Steve, Charles or Fionn could respond... frown.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 08-24-2000).]

Ah MadMatt, lets analyze the statement "Fionn, Steve, Charles please give me an answer, if this would be fixed or changed, or if you have an other opinion about this." This means they are only to reply IF this would be fixed or changed OR if they have another opinion. Since they have not replied apparently neither condition has nbeen met: in either case WE are free to reply, so here goes...

My experience is often the opposite, namely the AI sends individuals on heroic but doomed attacks. This seems to be particularly true for commanders and AT groups.

Ah, seeing as I am one of the "named" I will answer...

Jochen, check out accounts of fighting in the Bulge, Huertgen or Normandy ( particularly around Mortain).

After having done so you will find numerous accounts of so-called human wave attacks.

So, basically, you're wrong.

Sorry Madmatt,

of cause everybody is welcome by answering me. So sorry again to all. I tried to hear from my "gods", wich are not so often here on this forum since CM was released.(Fionn, you are still present).

Fionn,

thank you very much for your answer. I read a lot of books about those battles you mentioned in your answer. (i made some fine scenarios...). O.k., but, isn´t it very unlucky to concentrate such a lot of men (in one of my scenarios: 2 allied riflecompanies!!) in a very small area?? You only need artillery to wipe them out. I know, that it is not simple to code an AI, and the Ai of CM is really good, but, as i said, sometimes this "infantryrush" seems not very realistic.

Any comments, from anybody are welcome!!1

Greetings from Germany

Jochen