Trotter bashes Squad leader........hard.

Anyone see the review for Squad Leader in PC-Gamer?

W. Trotter gave it a 12%. Ugghhh. Then went on to bash Hasbro really hard too.

It was ugly. I would not want to be on the recieving end.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Then again, they did give CM a mention as the best WW2 game out right now in their "WW2 Game Special"...that's a good thing, right?

Too bad they haven't heard about CM2 yet! Who needs those FPS games anyway?! Bah!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest MantaRay

Well Steve played quite a few RTS games before CM. May be where they got a few of the ideas on what and what not to do.

Anyone up for a game of that realistic Sudden Strike game? wink.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

Here's what Bruce Geryk had to say of it in CGW:

"Watching the development of SQUAD LEADER was like watching a train wreck that you knew was going to happen long before impact, but which you are completely powerless to prevent. I got to see the game twice during development-- first at E3 2000 in May and then at GenCon in August-- and it was apparent at first glance that the game had problems. I played it at GenCon for a good thirty minutes (which is a long time at a convention) and came away convinced that the game was doomed. Two months later, that prediction came true."

------------------

You mean my Java coded Real Time Bar Fight Simulator Madmatt Mission: Beyond BiteMe ISN'T going to be published?!?

Madmatt

Guest Seimerst

One of my children bought Squad Leader for me as a Christmas present. She remembered the board game version set up on the dining room table for great lengths of time and thought her old dad would like the computer version. Sweet thought but she wasted her money. I tried it and after 40 minutes wiped it off the hard drive. I can't in good conscious even sell it to someone for $5. So sad to see AH name on this piece of digested and eliminated vegetable matter. Hasbro should be ashamed. !12% rating-- 1% would be more like it.