BTS I would like a new camera position

I would like a camera position lower than 1 - and rather badly too frown.gif

If this is not possible, can you explain why not?

Just low enough, to clear that wall in Last Defense

I just wanna get the WW2 documetary perspective on a movie, as well as the infantry's POV as well- just to get that cool feel, of being there , looking over into the vista beyond or seeing the battles up close and personal, the over-the-head level is too high frown.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 02-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ash:

I love to sit behind my company headquarters and at view 1 and just watch the battle unfold. When I get carried away (I usually do) I start shooting at the screen. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

@#!$, there goes another monitor. biggrin.gif

-Lurker

You know, it would be cool to have the "lock camera to unit" thing work with jabos. And since there's no jabo shape to get in the way, it would look like a gun camera film as the jabo swoops in during the attack runs wink.gif And you'd see the AAA tracer coming up at you, too biggrin.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Guest Kettle Black

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullethead:

You know, it would be cool to have the "lock camera to unit" thing work with jabos. And since there's no jabo shape to get in the way, it would look like a gun camera film as the jabo swoops in during the attack runs wink.gif And you'd see the AAA tracer coming up at you, too biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoken like the true flight-sim nut that you are! smile.gif

I of course agree on this for CM2. IL2 Sturmoviks coming in! Rudel and friends to support my panzers over Prokhorovka...

37mm gun camera footage from above...

drool smile.gif

Kettle Black

a.k.a Geier

a.k.a Obnoxious Swedish bastard

Hehe i just thought of another cool camera position, actually it´s not really a position.

It would be a nice feature to be able to track (ride along) on a tankshell. i know it would be a FAST ride, but man would it be fun to follow the round as it flies towards the enemy tank/squad. the cameraposition could just reset to the tank after it hits..

yeah i know it´s a rather stupid feature but it´s just an idea for a possible featurepatch later on.

i remember having this feature in an old flightsim i played a couple of years ago.

Also another thing that bugs me -

If I lock onto a unit the view is great - somwhere between one and 2 for tanks, now if I want to pan left or right the dang camer drops off the unit and onto setting 1! I would like to have the camera still be locked onto the unit, while I pan left or right to catch some action

CCJ

Personally I find this most annoying when I want to lock to, say, the sharpshooter in Reisberg or any other unit on a top floor. If you try to pan, you drop into the bottom floor and can't see anything! OTOH, this might be one of those things that seems simple, but is a bear to code. Anyway, it'd almost certainly have to wait for v1.1.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?