results of my test using crews for assaults

If I was a company CO, and I had a bunch of vehicle crews sitting around, I'd order them into the fight. I care about living! The fact that they will be refitted in the future with new vehicles doesn't really matter to the guys on the ground..

And besides, there are so many boxed scenarios where if you look at the "situation", using crews isnt gamey at all.

"Relieving the Rangers" is one. In this scenario the Rangers have a strong roadblock set up blocking the only route of escape for the encircled Germans. Those vehicle crew are gonna get killed or captured unless they escape, so they might as well just go forward into the fray I say. Thus, I am using them, mostly just for easy things, like chasing down routed enemy troops. I have one amusing instance though of a Sherman and a Panzer IV knocking each other out and then the crews started duking it out hand to hand right on the spot. It reminds me of the Monty Python movie with the black knight still fighting when he's lost his arms smile.gif