Important Question

I just got the game and installed patch v1.03.

I start it up and the main screen comes up.

I click -Play Game-, that screen comes up, but with only "quick battle" listed and highlighted, NO scenarios.

Now I did setup a quick start game then cancelled out of it.

I can't get any Scenarios to show up on the Load screen.

Please help.

Thanks

I can't get list of scenario

------------------

-kill 'em all and let God sort them out-

I tried an experiment. If you run the patch .exe and specify your current CM folder, it will put the "cm v1.03 update" folder there. If you try to run the new version in *that* folder, it will (after asking resolution desired), but you'll only have Quick Battle. Maybe something like that happened.

O.K, for a computer moron such as myself, this is what I see I have to do when I get home. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. (I was getting worried sitting here at work thinking I was going to have the same problems as these guys).

1. Download the new patch 1.03.

2. Once it's downloaded, I go into my windows explorer, find file cmbo\cm v1.03 update, right click on that and copy it to cmbo file.

3. Now, here's where I get confused, do I dump my current shortcut on my desktop to the recycle bin and create a new one from the new exe file?? Or by copying it into that file, can I still use my current shortcut??

Thanks in adavance for any help.

Oh, one more thing, since i'm right in the middle (54th turn) of the All or Nothing scenerio, (Great scenerio KwazyDog!!) will it affect that?? Or do I have to open it up, save it, then open it again to play??

Thanks again.

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

Guest ACTOR

GI Tom, You've got it right as far as I can tell. No need to do anything to your desktop shortcut, as it goes to your cmbo folder and looks for cm.exe which it will find...only the new version.

As far as the effect on your game play, I'm not sure.

Good hunting

GI Tom,

The readme helps with the first part:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>1. Note the following files contained in this update:

- Combat Mission.exe (application file v1.03)

- "New BMP" directory, contains 1720.BMP through 1729.BMP

(10 graphics files)

- 00002080.WAV (sound file)

2. Replace the old "Combat Mission.exe" application file with the new one.

(NOTE: If you already have v1.01 or later, you can skip steps 3 and 4).

3. Move the CONTENTS of the "New BMP" directory into the "BMP" directory. Make sure you move the ten files INSIDE "New BMP" into the BMP directory - do not copy the "New BMP" directory itself.

4. Move 00002080.WAV into the "WAV" directory. If you originally did a "minimum" install and don't see a "WAV" directory, then just create one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For "2." above that means overwrite your old Combat Mission.exe with the new one (either drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste). Your old shortcut should still work fine, since the new file has the same name as the old one.

For the PBEM aspect, here's what worked for my game:

Load the PBEM file in 1.00/1.01, Alt-S save it as a regular game (during an orders phase). Quit and apply the patch. Start 1.03 and load the regular save as email game, then give orders and click GO. It will then prompt you to save as normal PBEM file.

Good luck!

Wendell

[This message has been edited by WendellM (edited 07-27-2000).]

Thanks guys. Only 25 more mins before I make the trek home and try it out. Now I feel confident that I won't screw it up.

And Wendell, just to clarify, its NOT a PBEM game, just me vs the ol' AI. Just wondering if I have to save it when I first open it up. Guess I will just to be safe instead of sorry.

Again, thank you all.

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.