User Scenarios Shared in PBEM?

Yeah, the whole scenario, including map and units, is in that little bitty .cmb file and the email files apparently.

In any case, I've made scenarios, started them PBEM, and sent them to people to play them with me without ever sending them the .cmb file. And this works.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Rereading this thread, I came away awed by the amount of ambiguity in my reply. Must have something to do with this excellent homebrew I'm currently consuming...

Anyway, the answer appears to be NO, the other guy does NOT need to have the scenario. Just shoot him a PBEM turn and that includes all the scenario data. Quite an amazing job by BTS in getting the file size so small.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Hey, Bullethead, thanks for the info (and clarified info!), as I was wondering about this. Also, I've meant to post to you several times before to say how much I like the George MacDonald Fraser quote. Started reading the Flashman series when I was in High School, and they probably contributed to my rather sorry present, although I feel I have a wonderful appreciation for cynical & sardonic humour. smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.