Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

uhh...a question about the mods

Guest Madmatt

Welcome to the hell that is my life. I tried to write a Guide To Mods but it quickly became out of date.

It is mostly a game of choices though. If you see something you like (and I give screenshots for them all) then grab it.

I also try to only post mods that are of pretty high quality.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

It's a bit of work, but I find that making folders for each modded item (with folders for the originals also) allows me to rather painlessly switch between them. cool.gif

MadMatt, Check the saurer truck zip please, I D/L'd it twice and get a file error everytime I open, (might be my crappy tin cans and a string connection, but better safe than sorry)

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

This is probably more effort than most people want to go to, but I have *two* copies of CM on my hard drive: One is for playing, and the other is for testing out Mods and graphics tweaks --- that way I can see what it looks like in the game, and if I like it, I move it over to the "true" CM.

Hmm..okaaay... So, are the 2 MDMPs a compilation of all the other individual mods? If so, then I only need to d/l these 2 MDMPs, instead of d/l all the other mods, right?

Thanks again, and by God, I love this game! (though the AI kicks my butt 4 out of 5 times..) redface.gif

The 2 MDMP's are separate from all the other 3rd party mods. One problem is that there are so many nice Tiger mods now, and only room for one.

My favorites so far are the beautiful Hi-res tanks in the MDMP's (especially the Tigers), the Feldgrau German uniforms, and Stephan's winter Panther A. High on my wishlist are more plain whitewashed vehicles and camo Panzer uniforms.

-- Mike Zeares

Guest Madmatt

Correct. MDMP's (1 and 2) are completely separate from all the other 3rd Party Mods.

MDMP's are different from the other mods as they are devoloped, designed and produced by three members that were original contributing artist from Combat Mission. That would be me, Kwazydog and Bil Hardenberger.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

MadMatt, D/L'd the saurer zip for the third time, and this time Mr.Crappymodem got it right!(He's got a pink slip waiting for him)

So my bad, everybody go download the mods they run fine last long time cool.gif

Since you're being swamped, I think I'll hold any future mods for a while. (gives me more time to tweak 'em too)

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"