Things I have noticed with PB1b22

Guest Napoleon1944

Guest Napoleon1944

Noticed a few things. Wondered if anyone else has:

Troops are more fragile and break/surrender easier. I had almost a full strength SS unit surrender and walk into enemy lines!

AI seems to be more agressive. I lost a QB to the AI finally. The AI tank roamed around and shot up my infantry. I used a +1 experience level for AI.

On TCIP I once saw the opposing players yellow area target line from a 2inch mortar targeting a house for some reason. The player said he didn't think he ordered it to fire.

I had 2 elite snipers enter the same building and they coulden't spot each other! I recreated this. In the test I set up several elite snipers in or around a building. Some were seen right away, and some were not and combat ensued. I still had 2 US snipers and 1 German in the same building. I could see the sniper and target him (indicated crew) but the AI would not fire. I move right on top of him and still no combat.

During a night battle on TCPIP I noticed that one of my units targeted a freindly. I hope this is not a bug. Realistic feature!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I could see the sniper and target him (indicated crew) but the AI would not fire. I move right on top of him and still no combat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In order to try to stay hidden and not draw enemy fire, snipers won't shoot at enemy units that are close to them. Keep them ~100m away from enemy units. But also be aware that they can only shoot up to 600m.

- Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Napoleon1944:

During a night battle on TCPIP I noticed that one of my units targeted a freindly. I hope this is not a bug. Realistic feature!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a feature that has been in since the VERY beginning (I mean post-Beta Demo), it's most prevelent in night battles as you can imagine. Doesn't happen very often, but it is a possibility. There's a feature about that buried deep on CMHQ by now though.

Ah found it, go check out the New Features section on CMHQ about Dynamic Friendly Fire.

I had 2 elite snipers enter the same building and they coulden't spot each other! I recreated this. In the test I set up several elite snipers in or around a building. Some were seen right away, and some were not and combat ensued. I still had 2 US snipers and 1 German in the same building. I could see the sniper and target him (indicated crew) but the AI would not fire. I move right on top of him and still no combat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buildings are assumed to have rooms, so it is possible for enemy troops to not spot one another, haven't seen this often, but supposedly that's the way it works.

Guest Napoleon1944

Set up the snipers yourself and test it. I only tried it with elite snipers. Guess one could be hiding under a bed or something.

Set up the snipers yourself and test it. I only tried it with elite snipers. Guess one could be hiding under a bed or something.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be that the other sharpshooter has come home unexpectedly and while the wife is busy tidying herself up the enemy "cad" sharpshooter is hiding under the bed...

Regards

Jim R.