SdKfz 250/8: gap-filler for F.Buil's 250 set

A couple of days ago, a new set of SdKfz 250s halftracks was posted on Madmatts CMHQ.

Unfortunately there were no textures for the 250/8. (files 3520-3527).

Here is a quick-made 250/8 (WH, dark tricolor) as a gap-filler until the author of the set, Fernando J. Carrera Buil releases his own version.

250_8.jpg

You can get it here: http://www.geocities.com/mike8g/250_8.zip

(If this link doesn't work, copy and paste the URL into a new browser window)

Clarification:

The set of 250's is made by Fernando J. Carrera Buil. Since I only reshaped/repainted some of his textures for the 250/8, full credit for this mod must be given to him, not me.

Happy new year

Marcus

[This message has been edited by mike8g (edited 12-26-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Fernando's new 250/8 is forthcoming. He said he was going to work on this week. The one above is very nice though.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike8g:

A couple of days ago, a new set of SdKfz 250s halftracks was posted on Madmatts CMHQ.

Unfortunately there were no textures for the 250/8. (files 3520-3527).

Here is a quick-made 250/8 (WH, dark tricolor) as a gap-filler until the author of the set, Fernando J. Carrera Buil releases his own version.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm working on the mono, bi and "lighter" tri camos for the 250/8, but I don't expect to do a "dark" tri color camo, so your mod is very well welcome. The mono and "lighter" tri camos are finnished and I expect to finnish the bi color in a few days. The 250/8 shares some textures with the other 250s so all of them should be in the same camo. I'll update the batch files to allow it. I've got the Mod Manager but I must still figure how it works and learn how to make my mods compliant with the Mod Manager.

BTW if you want to shorten a Spanish name then you must use the first family name (mine is Carrera). Every Spaniard has two family names (mine are Carrera and Buil), but the first family name is the most important one and it's identical to all purposes to your family names. We got it from our father (it's his first family name). The second family name is our mother first family name (she got it from her father). Spanish women never lose their maiden name when they marry. The Spanish name of a John W. whose father was Mr Smth and his mother Mrs Taylor (maiden name) should be John W. Smith Taylor, shortened to John Smith or Mr Smith. In short, I'm Fernando J. Carrera Buil or Fernando J. Carrera or Fernando Carrera, but I'm never Fernando Buil or Mr Buil. As we say here, you will never go to bed without learning something new smile.gif

Fernando