Problem whith operations on 1.03

Hi…

I’m currently plying Arnhem operation for the Germans against AI. At the end of 3rd battle I control the battlefield until 5th row of houses after the bridge (Note that all my troops advance in line, row by row)… the AI is being beaten, my moral its 86%… Now cames the problem, when the 4th battle starts my deployment zone its only on the other side of the bridge frown.gif , but the major problem is that 75% of my troops are now inside the deployment zone (behind the bridge), who the hell forced them back there? The other 25% are scattered around the map, inclusively in the allied deployment zone (behind 7th row of houses) completely surrounded by British; others are in the middle of the river, yes in the water smile.gif ( don’t try to suwim with an MG-42 on your back, you might not go far smile.gif )

I have played this operation on 1.02and this does not happened…. Seams to be a 1.03 problem only.

Hey Tanaka,

There seem to be some issues with the operations that any number of us are, ahem, having problems with. I'd think it would be a good idea for you to go read the thread entitled "Operations - Your Thoughts?" and voice your opinions / concerns there with the rest of us.

Mike D

aka Mikester

Hi Tanaka,

I've played Arnhem from the British side and have a pretty good idea what happened. The British probably got a nice block of reinforcements at around that time. They appear on the British side of the river and they are quite sizable and their influence is probably great enough for the computer to decide that you don't control that part of the city any more, so back go your lines.

If you were playing this against a human or as the Brits, you would have absolutely no problem working your way to the bridge and taking control of that side of the river, so the reinforcemnts would come in all the way in your rear area and would have to work forward to the front. But the computer, doesn't know that the bridge is important so it doesn't really play the operation historically or as intended.

Some advice? Don't play this op as the Germans. It's not really worth it. The computer is totally lost as the British. Play it from the other side.

p.