Win/Loss record. Are you General material??

Jarmo... I remeber having 2 heavy armoured cars defending my left flank, then i saw a little t-8 coming over the hill at them. I thought sweet, that crappy thing is dead... little did I know the power of the .50 cal smile.gif2 shots, 2 dead ac's frown.gif I also remeber my stug bogging down facing off the map and never firing a shot in the game, and another heavy ac getting 3 penetrations with its 75mm into your sherman and doing no damage each time... ouch frown.gif But thems the breaks, fortune favours the brave I guess smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

I was wondering, does anyone else actually get butterflies in the pit of their stomach when they are about to open up a movie file from a particularly tense PBEM game? Or is it just me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

whenever i hear that high-pitched, 'a vehicle has been penetrated' sound, there is a gut feeling, and it is different depending upon whether it was one of my vehicles, or one of my opponents'.

andy

I'm doing about 100% wins, but I've only played one person online! LOL! smile.gif Against the computer I played about 10 or 20 games this weekend in quick battles, always playing the Germans on the defensive, and won or drawed all but two even when I gave the Allies +200% points! Their casualities were always so high that even if they took the objectives they couldn't win. I'm sure this wouldn't be the case against a human.

Umm, I think most people have summed up thier thoughts on win/loss records pretty well.

I agree that I pay more attention when my games are against people I think are decient players. Some I've played have been a walk, not sure due to skill levels or just luck. but those I tend to forget pretty easily. One reason I kind of regulate myself to playing people in the cesspool. My record there is running 2/2 and most thier seem to be at a good skill level.(will most likely lose 3 of the 4 going now frown.gif) But if your not losing... your not learning.

I guess I would rate myself average at best. I've played some good people like Fionn and others, and I've even managed to win some games against some good players. But even in winning I can tell when someone is a hell of a lot better than I. So the win gets dulled a little with that knowledge.

Damn I ramble a lot.

I guess what it comes down to is not so much your win/loss record. But your skill level and how you fair against others as good or better than yourself.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trooper:

I seem to be running pretty much a 90% win rate.

It's about to drop now. I'm playing All or Nothing PBEM, and am losing. The British are bleeding badly, but I think they just have enough to get me.

NTM<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they're not bleeding badly. Only a few drops spilled yet.

Now if only my tank-drivers hadn't been such morons at times, and if being behind a bridge would have provided cover, and if those mines..., and if, and if, and if, you would have been toast already.

But I'll have to admit it goes both ways some times. wink.gif

Would be interesting starting it all over, now that we know what we know.

Would the outcome differ much? Or would the casualty-rate be the same, only in different places?

[This message has been edited by Stefan Fredriksson (edited 12-27-2000).]

I'm afraid to say that I don't think the scenario has a huge amount of replay value. The defender relies far too much on surprise for the mines, ambush points and so on. I can think of a few 'ifs' that I wish had gone in my favour as well (Three big ones immediately come to mind).

No matter.. I'm sure that when this is over, and the score most likely will be 1-1, we'll find a good third scenario to break the tie.

Any recommendations anyone? Include from CMHQ. I'm starting to run out of pre-created scenarios that I haven't played yet.

NTM

------------------

The difference between infantrymen and cavalrymen is that cavalrymen get to die faster, for we ride into battle!