Just recieved CM today should I download to version 1.05

Guest Shatter50

::cue computer voice from "War Games"::

"Would you like to play a game?"

Hey Shatter,

Since you're new like me, I would like the opportunity to be one of the first to challenge you to a game of - you guessed it - CM!!!

The fields of the scenario or random map of your choosing will run red with the blood of whichever side you curse with your presence! Those who resist the Borg will perish, and as a member of the Collective, I have cometh to reapeth youreth destiny-eth!

My E-mail: sword_lover@hotmail.com

My ICQ: 26953512

Resistence is futile. Bow down or face my terribly use of "eth"!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

On a Mac, at least, there's nothing to stop you from making copies of your scenario, PBEM, data, and other files being used with the earlier version of CM, and putting them in a separate folder with the newer version of CM. Just be sure to name the two folders differently and clearly so you remember which is which. CM looks in it's own folder for relevant files.

Can't say how to make it work on a PC, but I know it can be done. Try a search, it's been explained on some other threads.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Guest Shatter50

The Commissar:

"Would you like to play a game?"

Hey Shatter,

Since you're new like me, I would like the opportunity to be one of the first to challenge you to a game of - you guessed it - CM!!!

The fields of the scenario or random map of your choosing will run red with the blood of whichever side you curse with your presence! Those who resist the Borg will perish, and as a member of the Collective, I have cometh to reapeth youreth destiny-eth!

My E-mail: sword_lover@hotmail.com

My ICQ: 26953512

Resistence is futile. Bow down or face my terribly use of "eth"!

Hey Borg Boys sure I'll challenge any of you to a battle but I am very busy this weak and will battle will have to wait till weekend.

Another thing I have not battled anyone yet but I sure I will rise to the smell of battle.

Also what is this ICQ NUMBER and how do you play another member.

I am thinking of changing name to SHATTER THE CM BORG HUNTER biggrin.gif I have told a number of friends about the site and game, several have ordered game I might start a entire group of CM Borg Hunters. Now guys don't get all pissed I am just poking fun. These BORG guys are funy. What makes me laugh is they are always tring to assimilate me. But it is impossible as I am a higher form of life that is impossible to assimilate sorry BORG. WHATCH YOY BACK I"LL BE HUNTING YOU

Shatter,

You are not a hunter until you have obtained a kill! Myself on the other hand, had a few, mainly in the demo. As of now I am playing a few full game PBEMs, but they are going slow since my opponents are all unfortunately busy!

Now, ICQ is a very good, very simple to use, and very usefull program you can download for FREE over at www.icq.com

It works like AOL Instant Messenger, except has better features. It lets you send instant messeges, files, keep your buddies in a list which shows if they are online or offline, and more. This neat little proggie makes sending PBEM files back and forth a lot more simpler then e-mail. I STRONGLY suggest you get it, although I will play you anyway for the sake of crushing you under my borgish boot.

Hope to hear from you as soon as you're free to die - err, play.

The Commissar

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stefan Fredriksson:

Aha, I think I saw something in an earlier post, namely the question about having two versions on your PC (or Mac... rolleyes.gif )

Which is the best way to do it? I mean, I would like to win the games I'm currently playing, and still be able to start new ones in 1.05.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I do (on a P.C.) is simply rename the Combatmission.exe file to something else (it needs to keep the .exe extension). So I have in my folder Combatmission13.exe, Combatmission14.exe and Combatmission.exe (which is the 1.05 version).

I then make shortcuts to each of these and rename them so I can run each of them from the desktop.

Works well.

If you need help with any of the mechanics, drop me an E-mail, or post your question.

--Philistine

Guest Shatter50

Shatter,

You are not a hunter until you have obtained a kill!

Hey Commissar I been hunting Borg my whole life and your time will come this weekend they do not call me SHATTER for nothing

Back to reality uh I get working on that ICQ as I would like to achieve the first of my many upcoming kills.

As far as 1.04 -> 1.05 is concerned, the PBEM files are totally compatible. I was having a PBEM game starting with 1.04 and now 1.05. No sweat. Personally, I think it would be fair to upgrade before any action is done.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(