Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Rick Jason (Lt. Hanley) is dead

I am sad to report that Rick Jason who starred as Lt. Hanley in the series "Combat!" died this past Sunday, the 15th. That's now 3 of the regulars of the Combat Cast who have died...Rick Jason, Dick Peabody (Littlejohn) and Vic Morrow (Sgt. Saunders).

Fortunately I recently taped that great 2 part episode of Combat "Hills are for Heroes" in which Rick Jason played a major role. It was for sure one of the best episodes of "Combat!" and I think there is a CM scenario based on that show.

I am glad the Canadian History Channel continues to show "Combat!" which are presently showing the colour episodes of the show.

Sorry to hear about that RW. I only got the chance to watch a few episodes of Combat while on vacation in Canada, but I loved it anyway, and my father told me stories about when it was acceptable to play soldier with the "Sgt Saunders Tommy Gun". Those would've been the days...

Ah well, back to the grind.

Oh my God that bad. I've seen every episode of Combat 3 times and Lt. Hanley was my favorite, with his no nonsense attitude. He just wrote a book too, but forgot the name. Maybe now the Action channel will bring back Combat.

Just found out he took his own life too, Sunday night

[This message has been edited by ntg84 (edited 10-17-2000).]

Absolutely the finest war series ever to hit the tube.......wish re-runs were available.

Too bad to hear about Hanley.......a good man who wasnt in the series enough!!!

Does anyone know if the Combat! (dont forget the exclamation mark) are available on VHS.

Speaking of the exclamation mark, it is interesting to note that the recent boardgames released by Critical Hits..Combat! Normandy and Combat! Stalingrad remembered the exclamation mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gen. Sosaboski:

Sorry to hear about that RW. I only got the chance to watch a few episodes of Combat while on vacation in Canada, but I loved it anyway, and my father told me stories about when it was acceptable to play soldier with the "Sgt Saunders Tommy Gun". Those would've been the days...

Ah well, back to the grind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a Saunders Tommy Gun as a wee lad.....it was awesome. It had the capability of taking an entire roll of caps.