Digging in the vehicles. Anywhere?!?

OK, this isn't a game ruining huge gaping flaw. And I only just noticed

it, as there are few scenarios where vehicles are allowed to dig in.

But anyway, shouldn't there be at least SOME limitations on where

vehicles can be dug in?

I mean, I just dug in a Panzer in the middle of a bridge. biggrin.gif

Looks kind of cool though, you can even see the tracks coming through

if you look at it from the right angle.

Someone will undoubtedly now come up with a real life example where

this was done. rolleyes.gif

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

No, I agree. How is it that they can dig-in on a bridge or paved road???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stack rubble/sandbags around it? I've seen a number of photos of the British invasion preparations in urban environments where excavation was undesirable or impractical that used the technique of stacking sandbags and creating mini-fortresses at intersections or in front of buildings.

Michael

It would be an interesting mod to have improvised reinforced tanks. There are many instances of Shermans and Persings stacking sandbags and even logs on their hulls to stop hull penetration. They only added minimal protection, but, resulted in many breakdowns due to overweight. Plus, it did increase the confidence of crews to risk their tanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

It would be an interesting mod to have improvised reinforced tanks. There are many instances of Shermans and Persings stacking sandbags and even logs on their hulls to stop hull penetration. They only added minimal protection, but, resulted in many breakdowns due to overweight. Plus, it did increase the confidence of crews to risk their tanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "+" designation in some Sherman models in CMBO indicates just this sort of thing, as well as appliqué armour IIRC.

------------------

Is "patheti-sad" a word?

Guest KwazyDog

I have a picture here of a Panther dug into a paved street in Berlin. Its hard to tell, but it looks like the bottom half of the hull dosnt even exist. Im guessing they actually cut it off to lower the profile just keeping the upper hull for the mechanics that allowed the turret to turn.

Cool piccy wink.gif

Cool, I didn't know that! I thought that the + thing meant something, but, didn't look into it further! Thanks!

Given time, you can probably dig in a Tank into just about any position. Cobblestone can be ripped up, and a tank driven into the hole beneath. Bridges, however, are another issue. You can barracade a tank into a position there, but, digging in in the sense of "digging in" is not possible. The tank would receive some extra protection, but, will loose out on any benefits of a lower shiloete and the lower hull being completely protected.