TCP/Ippeal from those less fortunate...

Those of us with lame free ISPs and no resources to pay for a better one or cable/DSL, have a problem with TCP/IP. I tried it a few times last night and it seemed to work fine EXCEPT, that when I tried to play a large battle (1250 pts), my frequent disconnections got in the way during last few minutes of the lengthy setup period. The auto-save feature popped up and claimed to save the game but when we restarted, it hadn't saved it.

Is there a way that this could be changed to save even the setup phase? Hmmm, now that I'm writing this would doing setup via email also be a possible alternative?

Thanks,

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

Guest Madmatt

Kitty, It is supposed to save the autosave even during disconnects in the Setup phase. We are looking into why it didnt work for you.

Madmatt

Guest KwazyDog

Kitty, one more idea.

For the larger battles, maybe it would be better to start the game with your oponent as a PBEM battle, and convert to TCPIP after finishing your setup phase? This was you ISP disconnecting you (Im guessing they do it after a certain time?) wont be an issue.

Just a thought.

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Kitty, one more idea.

For the larger battles, maybe it would be better to start the game with your oponent as a PBEM battle, and convert to TCPIP after finishing your setup phase? This was you ISP disconnecting you (Im guessing they do it after a certain time?) wont be an issue.

Just a thought.

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what i meant when I asked, "Hmmm, now that I'm writing this would doing setup via email also be a possible alternative?"

Thanks for the quick response. You rule! =)

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com