One more to start the Week

A new week...a new battle. One more scenario has gone up for you at CMHQ. Now listen carefully, this one is NOT in the scenario depot.

You will find it in the Scenarios and operations listing at CMHQ. So don't look for it in the scenario depot.

This one has some real big cats! biggrin.gif It is a recreation of an actual surprise historical battle well into 1945 when everyone felt like the war was practically over.

The title says it all: Paderborn - Far From Over!

Play it and enjoy it. It's great for PBEM and Madmatt has it ready to go RIGHT NOW!

http://combathq@thegamers.net

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Wild Bill,

I was setting up the Paderborn scenario as Axis for a PBEM and I noticed a black setup area on the South edge of the map with no units in it. Are the units missing or is the setup area merely surplus to requirements?

Thanks. The scenario looks like it could be a lot of fun.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

[This message has been edited by Hakko Ichiu (edited 08-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey Ethan! If you win, do I get the credit<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Absolutely Bill, in the unlikely event that Eathan does win this one you may be assured that I will place FULL responsibility on the scenario designer ... of course Eathan will claim it was his superior tactics ... yeah right like THAT could happen biggrin.gif

Joe

I just finished playing Paderborn as a test for Wild Bill. I enjoyed it immensely, just as I have all his others. It is very challenging for both sides.

I'll be posting an AAR on the scenario forum later tonight (once I get home from the office!). wink.gif

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

All I'm gonna say is DEAR LORD, I played as the Axis and I'd have to compare the ami's to bronx cockroaches smile.gif

------------------

The names Ash, Housewares

mgwhore.gif

[This message has been edited by Ash (edited 08-28-2000).]

Great minds must think alike!

I had just uploaded a meeting engagement around Paderborn last night as well called "Paderborn Panic". I'll have to try yours out I'm sure it is much superior to mine. Mine hasnt shown up on the combatHQ directory yet, not sure why not. Just thought it interesting that we came up with the same idea for a scenario.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Likewise, Banshee, I'll be delighted to look at yours. Probably because it was an intensely interesting battle, ideal for the scope of CM. It happens. I'll check yours out.

As to it being superior, not necessarily, but I thank you for the nice thought. You'll probably be around long after I hit the dusty trail, designing scenarios for CM21, Star Trek rolleyes.gif

I wish you well in your efforts, my friend.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com