a stupid wish or a stupid wish?

I was thinking would it be possible to intergrate personalites in CM (next version or later) ie: Michael Whittman so when buying things his tank would have his number on it (specific graphics and tank model) and he has automaticaly crack status this would also mean the cost for that Tiger would be a little bit more say 320pts or so???

Also he would have a function like a HQ squad for other tanks nearby within his zone of control and gain from some of his HQ bonuses? Hey by the way why are there no Panzer Kampf Leaders anyhow? there are always armoured HQ's to every armour divisions??

Maybe this is to gamey or something but I was just wondering. Ok now that I put in my two cents which no one is going to respond to anyway Im going to read the Peng Thread.

---------

"Hey! I see something over ther....."

-scharfschutze opfer

Good idea, It would be nice to have individual markings on all the vehicles!

However, a lot of additional programming would be involved - there's a generic skin for each armoured vehicle, by introducing specific AFVs you have to alter the program to keep track of both the 'special' vehicles and the generic ones as well. This of course will slow down the game a bit given the more processing required by the CPU!

A responding Mace

btw, You're going to read the Peng thread? In that case see you in a year, as that's how long it's going to read it, mate! wink.gif

Oh the Peng file is like a fine glass of red wine to enjoy slowly and take in small portions to realy enjoy the flavor and quality.. smile.gif

hmm not sure if it would take to much programming I would guess two or three personalites per Nationality (just means duplicating ie tiger programming and modify it for commander or HQ?) hmm well I'll let BTS alone they have enough suggestions for the next 10 years..heh smile.gif

Hey even if that is to much then I would like to then just see a Tank HQ, talking about tanks I wonder why the canadians don't have M10's for an option to buy... They did have them but one has to use the American list if you want to use them kinda frustrating when I am making a historical battle when the 3rd Canadian Div meets up with the 12th SS Div. concidering they had them.. kinda ruins it when you see american tanks there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I wonder why the canadians don't have M10's for an option to buy...

kinda frustrating when I am making a historical battle when the 3rd Canadian Div meets up with the 12th SS Div. concidering they had them... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only reason they'd be left out is that they didn't come up in the reference material BTS used. If you can come up with the sources to confirm they were more-or-less regularly used they'll put them in. Something like that just happened with the Canadians in a recent patch.

I'd suggest you be quick though - once BTS start work on CM2 the updates will be a damn sight less frequent than they have been to date. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian Rock:

…If you can come up with the sources to confirm they were more-or-less regularly used they'll put them in. Something like that just happened with the Canadians in a recent patch.…

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup I can do that, and if they want, when I get home Ill get all the references, they were quite often used in Anti Tank companies.. but Ill get back to you on this and for BTS. The Canadians used them all through the Normandy campaigns.