Help with PBEM!!

I've had several offers to start PBEM games but they are from inexperienced guys like me and none of us knows how to get a game going.This must sound rediculous to you guys who do it all the time. Are there some simple instructions somewhere we could follow and some outline of the sequence of play. I seem to remember some sequencing designed to prevent the temptation to cheat. Oh well. smile.gif

Greg,

Since I just started my very first PBEM game, I'm now qualified to give advice just like the experts. wink.gif

In my extensive (1 game, 3 turns so far) experience, the setup is fairly simple.

1. Start up a game as if you were planning to play a normal game versus the AI.

2. Choose your side.

3. Then, when the game gives the choice between the various styles of play, pick email.

4. Set up your forces as usual.

5. Hit Go. The game will then drop you out of the game and say something along the line of PBEM File etc etc

6. Send the setup to your chosen opponent as an e-mail attachment.

7. Eagerly await the response.

8. Launch the demo and choose the Load e-mail option.

9. Conduct your turn normally, repeat steps 5-9 until you have either defeated your opponent or suffered defeat yourself.

The one thing that you may want to be concerned about is the setting for Fog of War. I personally leave it turned on, but some players may turn if off instead. I know this was an issue with some earlier PBEM games...

Hope this helps.

-Lurker