Resolution

Guest highlife

I run at 1152x864 with good frame rate on a P3 850 w a GeForce 256. I was surprised at the slowdown I experienced at 1260x1040. It seems like a real turning point on my system to go beyond 1152x864 although I have a 21" flat display monitor that goes much higher. I guess I need a better video card.

BTW, love your flags Klink!

highlife, you had slowdown at 1260x1040 with P3 850 and Geforce 256?

I play with 1600x1200 with dual Celeron 466@560 with TNT2 and haven't noticed any slowdowns.. perhaps we just have different levels what we think as slowdown smile.gif

------------------

jK.MkIII

Guest highlife

jkMIII,

Yeah, I was surprised too. I'm no expert on this stuff, but what I noticed at the higher res was a slight jerkiness when moving around the battlefield on anything other than a fairly small size battle. And of course, the more smoke and burning vehicles the more I noticed it. A recent good example was the "South of Sword" scenario.

Maybe you could comment on 2 things I have thought of. One, I use 32 bit "true color" and the other is anti-aliasing. I use a low (2x2, low detail setting). Could either of those slow down the frame rate?

I also use Desert fox's subdued Gunslinger grass and all the hi-res vehicles out. I switched back from Panzertruppen's buildings to Magua's because they seemed to add to the slowing.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yank:

I,m running mine at 1152x864 and it looks and runs fine on a VooDoo 4.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but how does one change screen resolution within the game? I think I remember having an option to go up to 1024 x 768 during my initial installation, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to even test out other resolutions now once the game is installed.