Amazing story

In a quick battle I was commanding a small British force making a probe of a village. In the house to house fighting an entire rifle platoon was pinned down by a pair of MG42's in a heavy building at the end of the street, so I decided to move my Wasp up to clear the building. As soon as my Wasp came within range of the MG42's a Volksgrendier SMG squad popped out of hiding in a nearby building and fired a panzerfaust... it was a near miss, but the crew of the Wasp bailed out anyway.

The three man crew then proceeded to charge the SMG squad and wiped them out! The next thing I knew the two MG42's in the building next door had surrendered to the Wasp crew... sadly one of the valiant crewmembers was taken out in the fighting.

I'll definately be recommending the Victoria Cross for the whole crew. biggrin.gif

It was the AI; it all happened in one turn, the Wasp was fired on in the first few seconds of the turn. Took them about 30 seconds to take out the SMG squad, and then at the end of the turn I noticed that the MG42's had surrendered.

I wish there was some way to record the turns.

Hey Red Dog

you should read this Thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/006510.html

you might find it interesting that in that thread this use of bailed out crews might be considered "gamey" and some how somewhat objectionable to some players. ( well not really since the AI was calling the shots)

I thought it was a great post and a testement to the fact that bailed out crews are not useless and should not be simply ordered to the rear areas or the nearst safe place to hide, the minute they've bailed out of their vehicles.

Thanks for the AAR it was a great story of heroism !

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Offwhite

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Would have been interesting to read.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would have... unlike it was here. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

You should have taken a screenshot and written it up for the Hero's corner on CMHQ.

Would have been interesting to read.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you take screenshots? Too bad there's no way to record the whole turn (or even the whole game) as a movie like in Starfleet Command (maybe a future patch?).

Reddog,

on a PC just hit [print screen] and then paste it into your paint program.

If you get a shot I'd be happy to post it on my site also.

I'm also toying with the idea of posting turn Movies where strange or great stuff happend. I'd just need the movie file and password if it is pbem.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring