has anyone else had a 100% shot chance ?

It happen for me once , it was a long time ago in my second beta demo scenario. I knew a 100% would be rare , in all the games since i haven't had it happen. My american infranty squad was shooting at a german squad , that was down hill in the open and about 30 meters away. Needless to say the germans took casualies and hit the ground.

I've just started a PBEM game of VoT(i am the amis).

My opponent places the Pak40 pillbox on the big hill located on the far German right. I have a 105 Sherman located on the crossroad near my map edge.

First turn starts and my 105 fires at the pillbox. First shot of the game and it goes right into the firing slit, the whole sequence taking 15 seconds to complete biggrin.gif

Nevertheless, he is a very good opponent and he has a +50% increase in forces, so this game is by no means over.

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

Are you sure that wasn't 100 firepower, not to-hit chance? From my experience, only crew-served, direct fire (i.e., non-mortar) weapons have to-hit chances. Most infantry and MG units show firepower.

Oh, there is also a "percent exposed" or some such stat. Any unit out in the open would probably be 100% exposed, I imagine.

Dar

Hmm... Maybe 'cause of their proximity and that they were looking downslope on these guys (meaning they couldn't drop prone and hide at all) that they were so exposed? That's something to experiment with...

Dar

I have had 100% exposure. When I was playing Last D as allies, I had an infantry squad in the top floor of a 2 story building. A platoon HQ was stupidly (no one ever said the beta AI rocked) charging my lines, with very little fire support. I believe he was about 40 yards away, probably on a road. He didn't last long, either.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

I got a 100% hit chance from a Sherman 105 firing at the AT bunker. I had flanked it and gotten within about 100 meters. The game reported Hit:100% and Kill: rare.

I was hoping that I could get just to the side of the bunker and still get a good hit on the slit. It doesn't work that way. In order to fire on the slit, you have to be in LOS of the gun. So i took the bunker out from behind. The game was still giving me "rare" for the kill chance but it died on the third shot at the back door...