Amazing thing I've witnessed in CM. READ!!

OK, I created a huge operation in which the Germans are on the offensive against the Americans. The American forces are extremely dug in and have an abundance of machine gunners and other infantry.

See where this is going?

OK, I"m having trouble (as the Germans) trying to get my forces into a patch of woods to gain a little territory. SO I pile 2 squads into a truck (or halftrack, I cannot remember) and set it to "fast move" to hopefully get those troops past the American fireline.

I'm watching my turn, and the truck is slowing speeding up... Too slow for my taste, but it takes time. I start to breathe a sigh of relief as the truck is now moving at full speed. SO there it is finally gaining ground... 20% there, 40% there... 60% there... Suddenly an American sharpshooter comes into view backed by a machine gunner...

Can my team make it to the safety of the woods in time?

One shot rings out from the sharpshooter, and I see the DRIVER of the truck has been nailed in the head... with a single bullet. The truck curves out of control and makes a 140 degree turn away from their destination - no is driving. Everyone piles out of the driverless truck, and in 5 minutes have been mowed to bits by the machinegunners.

Now if only I could use my sharpshooters to such efficiency!

It was just incredible. Like something you'd see in a movie. I wish there was a way I could have recorded the clip so others could have viewd it. This was definatley a once in a long-shot thing that happened.

The physics that are modeled in this game are amazing. Seeing the truck continue for another 5 seconds in an arc (as if the guy had slumped to one side turning the steering wheel with his slumped over body motion). Just an incredible view.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I LOVE sharpshooters.... If anyone has built an urban sniper war scenario, put it up, I wanna play like that

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpinard:

One shot rings out from the sharpshooter, and I see the DRIVER of the truck has been nailed in the head... with a single bullet. The truck curves out of control and makes a 140 degree turn away from their destination - no is driving. Everyone piles out of the driverless truck, and in 5 minutes have been mowed to bits by the machinegunners.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't it be cool if BTS modeled a chance for high speed vehicles,that lose their driver,to have a crash that resulted in a catastrophic(or even just standard)explosion!? smile.gif

I have had a Sherman dashing across the gap in two buildings, covered by a German 75mm AT. Will it make it?...half way, 3/4, bang, made it! Hang on, what? Replay video. The Tank was hit about 2 lengths out from cover, and rolled forward behind the building, I missed the fact that the bang was a turret penetration. The feeling of disappointment as the crew bailed out! The only good thing is they bailed out in peace!

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)