Video Caard

Hi-

I really want to get CM, but I only have a 2meg PCI video card right now.

I'm thinking about getting a new video card, and I am also getting ready to get another computer that would already come with a good video card.

I would like to have the same video card in each computer for head to head play.

does anybody have a suggestion on a good and affordable card? I was thinking around $100.

Anybody know anything about the new GeForce card?

Oh yeah, the present computer has an AGP slot.

THANKS

Guest MantaRay

Is it me or do all Captains ask about video cards? wink.gif

Anyway, you can get a good TNT2, 32Mb card for around $60-80 online and in stores, for about 100. These cards are very good and the price is falling because of the GeForce 2 and Voodoo 5 cards.

Go to www.pricewatch.com and look around.

Hope this helped

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Well, I can't really give you good advice without knowing your current computer. But if your CPU has something like <400MHz, everything above a TNT2 is overkill. A GeForce2 is definitely something for high end machines (>700MHz). Of course, these numbers are just rules of thumb. With the original GeForce cards you would perhaps also have to worry about the power supply of your AGP slot. These cards' demand in this area is quite high.

Dschugaschwili

I was a big fan of Diamond video cards. I have both the viper v550 and 770 which are based on Riva chipsets. Nvidia is the company behind the TNT, TNT2 and GeForce cards. Diamond merged with S3, and now do not push Nvidia chipsets in their products. Go to www.pricewatch.com and look for viper or v770.

------------------

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty.

Just a note on the ViperII. I don't have one but one of my friends does. He has had nothing but trouble with their drivers. It’s an alright card but horrid drivers! Maybe someday they will get there drivers right. Now this is just persons take on the card if you want to get the real scoop go to http://www.tomshardware.com. Just a warring...

BTW, It seems to work ok on CM.

[This message has been edited by Jeer (edited 06-29-2000).]